The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Scotland win the second ODI after losing yesterday. Were in trouble at 66-4 chasing 172, but Munsey (79*) and Budge (40*) saw it through from there with a 106 run partnership to get to the target with 7.5 overs left. Ally Evans took 5 in the Dutch innings. Series drawn.

Quite an interesting cricket podcast is the analyst inside cricket.

Anyway they're of the opinion that Archer may well be knackered and even an operation will mean he will lose a lot of nip and pace of his delivery.  Ouch.

Also listened to a couple of tremendous recordings with Blowers including his epic journey to India from England in a Rolls Royce in 1976.   Worth a listen.

I know this will find a narrow audience on here but this guy was part of the Windies team that got me into Cricket to start with & also played for the County team that I started supporting and am now a member of. It is really sad to see how his life has turned out with predictably zero help from the WICB so any assistance will help him & give him the dignity he deserves.

https://gofund.me/8bafd7a9

Another thing worth listening to
I found this very interesting.

Analysis like this, along with their lunch break masterclasses that have covered all different aspects of batting, bowling and fielding, are where Sky have taken the tv coverage on to a different level.

29 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
On 22/05/2021 at 09:18, die hard doonhamer said:
Another thing worth listening to
I found this very interesting.

Analysis like this, along with their lunch break masterclasses that have covered all different aspects of batting, bowling and fielding, are where Sky have taken the tv coverage on to a different level.

Absolutely. Watching channel 4s coverage over the winter, or the shit show that is the IPL coverage, just emphasises that sky are head and shoulders above the rest. I'd go as far to say that Sky's cricket coverage is the best broadcast production in sport.

18 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Absolutely. Watching channel 4s coverage over the winter, or the shit show that is the IPL coverage, just emphasises that sky are head and shoulders above the rest. I'd go as far to say that Sky's cricket coverage is the best broadcast production in sport.

The presenter on C4's coverage was absolutely woeful. They'd have been better just telling Strauss and Cook to have a conversation as if the cameras weren't there, and just film that

2 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
1 hour ago, Perkin Flump said:
Whoops, Ben Foakes out for 3 months with a torn hamstring, James Bracey will probably keep wicket vs New Zealand with Sam Billings deputising.

Haseeb Hameed called up too after a 5 year gap.

Bit surprised at that one but good on him, had an absolute 'mare with us after losing his England place so happy he has fought his way back in even though he will have zero chance when the rest are back.

10 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Malky Mackay, please meet Ollie Robinson.   

Not sure he’ll be adding to his one cap.

Robinson was a dickhead for the first few years of his career to the point that Yorkshire, yes Yorkshire, sacked him for Gross Misconduct. He is a reformed character who realised what he was & took steps to turn himself around.

37 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

Robinson was a dickhead for the first few years of his career to the point that Yorkshire, yes Yorkshire, sacked him for Gross Misconduct. He is a reformed character who realised what he was & took steps to turn himself around.

I’ll say this. He looked pretty broken giving that statement. Hard to believe the ECB didn’t know about this, though.  Those are pretty abhorrent views he expressed.  

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

I’ll say this. He looked pretty broken giving that statement. Hard to believe the ECB didn’t know about this, though.  Those are pretty abhorrent views he expressed.  

It does beggar belief that no one had looked into it given how much of a wee fanny he was at the time, I find what he said disgusting but he was an immature wee bam at the time & has apologised and has acknowleged this previously . Mackkkay was in a position of power & responsibility as a Manager in a multi million pound turnover Company & has expressed no remorse or regret