The Cricket Thread

bewlay

2 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

I didn't agree with that part. I think sitting out the NZ decider and probably losing his place against India will be enough to punish his stupidity and hopefully enough to make aspiring cricketers think that posting racist things is both stupid and will f**k with your career.

I thought Carberry's seethe at that welt of a Sports Minister and our openly racist PM was however spot on.

ETA: Robinson fronting, or being heavily involved in some anti racism on social media might be useful also.

Can't disagree with any of that, Government people should have kept their traps shut.

1 hour ago, FuzzyBear said:

Investigating tweets by Eoin Morgan, Jimmy Anderson and Jos Buttler now !!

Anderson's is from 2010 when he suggested Broad looked like a 15 year old lesbian after a haircut. Buttler and Morgan from 2018 when they joked "Sir your are my favourite batsman" which apparently is taking the piss out of Indians.

Anderson's is from 2010 when he suggested Broad looked like a 15 year old lesbian after a haircut. Buttler and Morgan from 2018 when they joked "Sir your are my favourite batsman" which apparently is taking the piss out of Indians.
This seems small fry stuff compared to Robinson.

I think you got to draw a line somewhere for this sort of stuff, theres a certain age and below where it seems unfair to anyone to be held to what was said or posted at that age. Thats not to say they cant/shouldnt be corrected at the time about it, that its wrong to say it.  Many a daft thing said by kids without realising the impact though or understanding fully.

Once someone is an adult though then fine ofcourse they should be held responsible for what they say. 

Its England at the moment the focus is on but this will be happening at every team in every sport its just if and when someone starts looking. 

England make just 1 change, Stone in for Robinson. NZ make 6, including Williamson resting a troublesome elbow injury.

England won the toss and batted first and, for the first time at home since 2011, they've made it to lunch without losing a wicket. Sibley and Burns both just passed 30, 67-0.

England make just 1 change, Stone in for Robinson. NZ make 6, including Williamson resting a troublesome elbow injury.
England won the toss and batted first and, for the first time at home since 2011, they've made it to lunch without losing a wicket. Sibley and Burns both just passed 30, 67-0.
England should be looking to bat big here. There wasn't much for the kiwis to get excited.

The wife was sent from work to get a covid test this morning, and so me and the kids have been told to isolate until the result comes. I was pretty gutted as work is actually fun right now, until i realised the test match started today.

England gonna England. Root goes for 4, and 67-0 becomes 85-3. That England tail is looking very very long.
So it looks like New Zealand were just bowling pish this morning, as this is a complete turnaround.

Every ball looks threatening.

4 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

So it looks like New Zealand were just bowling pish this morning, as this is a complete turnaround.

Every ball looks threatening.

The graphic that was just shown is telling. Henry was swinging it an average of 0.7° before lunch, since the break it's been 1.5°. That extra movement makes a huge difference.

The graphic that was just shown is telling. Henry was swinging it an average of 0.7° before lunch, since the break it's been 1.5°. That extra movement makes a huge difference.
So is that a change in conditions or just that he's found something that he didn't have earlier?

Just now, pandarilla said:
1 minute ago, die hard doonhamer said:

So is that a change in conditions or just that he's found something that he didn't have earlier?

It's pretty consistent with what happened at Lord's as well. The Dukes ball tends to do a little bit when it's new, but then the swing disappears for a little bit until the lacquer comes off and you can work a shine on to one side. That's when it can start to move big, which is where we're at now.

And then Crawley goes for nothing. He must be close to his turn in the "player rotation".
You would imagine when everyone is fit and available then he is the obvious candidate to drop out. Less obvious is who replaces him at 3.

You would imagine when everyone is fit and available then he is the obvious candidate to drop out. Less obvious is who replaces him at 3.
Bracey certainly won't be around for long if he keeps getting out playing a shot like he did today.

193-6, Lawrence and Stone trying to hang on for a while.