The Cricket Thread

bewlay

If Napier isn't in the Twenty20 side at least then the selectors need shot. He seems to be able to play some unbelievable shots.

Big difference between county bowlers though and test bowlers. I'd fancy myself to stick away some of the sixes he's whacked over the boundaries.

Plus that England batting line up is a closed shop. Mascheranas batters bowlers all around the ground yet gets dropped so some little fuckwit like Ian Bell can waste half an hour at the crease for a pointless innings with a crap strike rate.

Also, look at Owais Shah. Never gets a decent run in the team despite having all the talent in the world.

Do you think the SKY commentators are going to get this lad Napier into the England one day side then? They seem determined to do it.

What about this Yorkshire fiasco though, I mean, how can the England Under 15 Captain not have a UK passport? :huh:

It bordered on the hilarious. I watched, with an increasing headache and Nasser Hussain and Nick Knight tried to explain it. Whats wrong with simply signing one form to say you are a paid professional cricketer?

*Edited for shocking spelling

Edited by jupe1407

Mind you, he can also bowl a bit as well. ;)

Aye he can but I think Luke Wright is a better option. Napier is this season's Luke Wright but LW has proved that he's an excellent bollower to have right at the death.

I would like to see players like Napier and Wright in the same side though. Get rid of the Bell's of this world and throw the big boys in. After all, 20/20 is about swinging the bat as hard as you can. There isn't too much finesse involved.

Aye he can but I think Luke Wright is a better option. Napier is this season's Luke Wright but LW has proved that he's an excellent bollower to have right at the death.

I would like to see players like Napier and Wright in the same side though. Get rid of the Bell's of this world and throw the big boys in. After all, 20/20 is about swinging the bat as hard as you can. There isn't too much finesse involved.

I think the role of Bell is underestimated, he is there to hold the innings together, of everyone went out and flashed the bat they may as well make it 10/10. The Bells of this world are needed, and, when Bell gets going, he can hit as well as the best of them.

There's another month at least to go before the ODI squad is named though- plenty of time for people to get injured / lose form / come into form.

edit: and I would fancy England to get gubbed regardless of who they pick for the ODIs/ 20-20s. The tests *should* be a much closer contest.

Edited by Synex Jaggernauth

Big difference between county bowlers though and test bowlers. I'd fancy myself to stick away some of the sixes he's whacked over the boundaries.

Plus that England batting line up is a closed shop. Mascheranas batters bowlers all around the ground yet gets dropped so some little fuckwit like Ian Bell can waste half an hour at the crease for a pointless innings with a crap strike rate.

Also, look at Owais Shah. Never gets a decent run in the team despite having all the talent in the world.

You were saying

What about this Yorkshire fiasco though, I mean, how can the England Under 15 Captain not have a UK passport? :huh:

I'm not certain, but I'm sure I read something about him not actually being English, but non-UK juniors being avaliable for selection anyway.

Also, I don't see how Ian Bell is shite. I think if anyone is shite in the England squad it's Collingwood, I fucking hate him, he's pish!

And anyway, I know some people think it's a joke how England never drop a major batsman, but to be fair, now isn't the time, they should really concentrate on getting a regular wicketkeeper in my opinion.

I Also see it as a bit of a disgrace how Flintoff has came back from injury, played average at best in non-international games since his return, yet is still in line for a call up after S.A.

Feel completly sorry for Bell, getting caught at 199.

On the other hand, that will shut you c***s up, who were abusing him earlier, yet once again, Collingpish proves my point.

Collingwood is out of form, every batsmen goes through a spell like that at some point. When Colly is playing well he is absolutely fantastic.

Stuart Broad is turning out a great player in all forms of the game :)

Collingwood is out of form, every batsmen goes through a spell like that at some point. When Colly is playing well he is absolutely fantastic.

Stuart Broad is turning out a great player in all forms of the game :)

I understand that, so why let him sit there and carry on going through that spell, when someone else could come in and happily take his place?

Agree about Broad mind, fucking mind-blowing player he is, absolutly superb!

Given that I can't see England having much of a second innings in this one, it'll be intersting to see what they do if Flintoff doesn't get injured in the next few days.

Collingwood and especially Ambrose must be under review- what odds Prior coming back in and the batting order being:

6... Prior

7... Broad

8...Flintoff

For as much as Broad is proving more than useful as a #8 with the bat, he's averaging 40 with the ball.

Flintoff on the other hand will probably still be England's best bowler but has batted atrociously for about 2 years now (whenever he's been fit in those 2 years admittedly).

Can't see England bowling SA out twice here especially with pish weather forecast.

WTF!!!!!!!!!

it's bad enough bringing back that soak Flintoff when his form has done nothing to show that he's ready for test cricket but to play a bloke who until Wednesday was taking his kids to Alton Towers today is just weird.

Hoggard, Harmison, Jones and Mahmood must be spitting tacks over the weirdest England bowling selection since Joey Benjamin or Arnie Sidebottom.