The Cricket Thread

bewlay

6 minutes ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

Mr Gough and  Mr Illingworth are very experienced umpires. I don't think they would allow themselves to be manipulated by anyone. I would say Kohli encouraged his players to enquire  about the light but I can  totally understand how his mannerisms annoy supporters of other teams. Personally, I think he is a breath of fresh air and a fucking top  boi too boot.

Oh dear.  What an absolutely dreadful take.

11 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Anyway, this match is fantastically poised. England have the new ball and a chance to go at India's tail with rested legs. They should be looking to knock them over in the first hour. That should leave a very manageable chase, with absolutely no need to take risks in getting there.

If England can knock the over in the first hour you have to fancy them.  If it takes until lunch India have a sniff as England love a collapse.  Anything after that is a draw.

If England can knock the over in the first hour you have to fancy them.  If it takes until lunch India have a sniff as England love a collapse.  Anything after that is a draw.
If there's any movement at all tomorrow you'd certainly think Anderson and Robinson will clean up the India tail without too much difficulty. The interesting unknown is will the pitch start misbehaving. The delivery that pujara got was unplayable and came from nowhere.

2 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Agree with all that apart from the last sentence. No chance of a draw.

1 hour ago, Left Back said:

Rashid Khan in the hundred has bowled 6 balls, taken 3 wickets and conceded 2 runs.  Some going.  Hell of a player.

Now there's a player we can agree on. Undoubtedly the best spinner in the world. Feel bad for him that he's never going to get the opportunity to win any major honours. 

1 hour ago, Left Back said:

Rashid Khan in the hundred has bowled 6 balls, taken 3 wickets and conceded 2 runs.  Some going.  Hell of a player.

34 minutes ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

Now there's a player we can agree on. Undoubtedly the best spinner in the world. Feel bad for him that he's never going to get the opportunity to win any major honours. 

Kind of remarkable that he's able to perform, given what's currently unfolding in his homeland.

If he played for one of the traditional test nations, he'd finish with Warne/Murali type numbers.

25 minutes ago, Scorge said:

In the 'proper' cricket, Windies in squeaky bum territory at 151/9 chasing 168.....

Squeaked home. If Pant smacks a quick 30-odd tomorrow, that one could go just as close...

16 hours ago, Left Back said:

It is the umpires decision.  Kohli gesticulating and telling his team to try and manipulate the umpires is what I don’t like.  He’s not even subtle about doing anything possible to win.  I think he’s a piece of shit with a huge sense of entitlement basically.

16 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

He's approaching his 33rd birthday. There's every chance that his form won't come back.

I don't expect that to be the case, but it would be fantastic if it was.

Agree with all of this. The man is a c**t.

Anyway, this match is fantastically poised. England have the new ball and a chance to go at India's tail with rested legs. They should be looking to knock them over in the first hour. That should leave a very manageable chase, with absolutely no need to take risks in getting there.

I totally  understand that he's not everybody's cup of tea because of his passion on the pitch but it's one thing being Virat Kohli and it's quite another being  Ollie fucking Robinson. Now if you're talking of the spirit of the game, he shouldn't be anywhere near the England set up. There really is a c**t.

20 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

This morning session is taking it away from England. They're going to need to go at more than 3 an over

Needing over 3.5 now.  Don' think England can win from here.  They could still lose it though.  Best thing for India now is more quick runs and be bowled out on the stroke of lunch.