Garden Options

HGG

This is my BBQ shack/outdoor kitchen area, wanted to go for something that was an authentic nod to the places ive visited in Austin and Nashville/Memphis. Not finished yet but getting there. The rest of the garden is being done but I dont really care about that. 
D8D5602C-4C9E-4776-9994-0CF808FB3229.thumb.jpeg.af0b2308e67030e431c28f89a557cc9a.jpeg
Are your posts sunk into the ground? What is the material you are using for the walls?

I'm going to build something similar early next year but probably a bit smaller. My skills in this field are very basic though.

11 minutes ago, energyzone said:

Are your posts sunk into the ground? What is the material you are using for the walls?

I'm going to build something similar early next year but probably a bit smaller. My skills in this field are very basic though.

Alternatively, lean some old doors against a wall.

10 minutes ago, energyzone said:

Yes, theyre cemented in. The wee shelf that its on was built up with a retaining wall thats to be finished with casting. 

Its quite sturdy, the timber on the walls is just to give a bit of support to the metal sheeting and prevent any sharp edges. Im getting a hardwood workbench in under it too and ill hopefully top that with slate or some other stone which will let me set up an ooni too. Gonna get my smoker built this week when the other work is finished. 

Took a bit of inspiration from places like La BBQ and Terry Blacks in Austin and some american home bbq places like meat church and this guy on reddit (photo below). Ive got a traeger 575 which is a pellet smoker that im dying to get started with, hoping to eventually get an offset smoker and will have a set up like the guys in the picture. 

EF4049DB-7836-406F-911F-21998AB5497D.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

A disaster with the roof. The steel sheets lifted up in the wind. They were the wrong type for the degree of fall anyway and water would have pooled in them. It was beyond my ken to fit them so cheerio 500 quid. Was some laugh getting them down as was still blowy af. 

IMG-20220101-WA0001.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, spud131 said:

Cut the front grass for the first time this year yesterday and it's ended up with all these lines where it looks the grass has died. Anyone any idea what would cause this? cccf3568f28709fbac8313ca901a325a.jpg

Looks like the beginning of a sinkhole buddy.

5Lwi.gif

Cut the front grass for the first time this year yesterday and it's ended up with all these lines where it looks the grass has died. Anyone any idea what would cause this? cccf3568f28709fbac8313ca901a325a.jpg

Is there a lot of moss? 

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:
Is there a lot of moss? 

No, pretty much none. It's a new build property (about 18 months old). Don't know if it's maybe just settlement of the ground.

There is probably a load of shite left in there from the build.

Newbuild properties often suffer from crap grass on account of the builders just chucking any old crap in the garden, levelling it and flinging down some turf.