The Big Bang Theory

Ned Nederlander

Finished another watch through of the early seasons and thought I'd skip to the newer ones that I hadnt watched. Watched the end of season 11 and now half a dozen episodes through season 12. Its awful :( Almost everyone has turned into a caricature of themselves, except for Sheldon whos changed beyond all recognition and Bernadette who's turned into possibly the nastiest sit-com character ever. She gone from mildly annoying to thoroughly dislikable

3 hours ago, MSU said:

Don't think I've seen any S12 stuff. I've given up with Young Sheldon, too, which I was genuinely enjoying.

Im still enjoying Young Sheldon but I wouldnt bother with S12

37 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Season 11 isn't as bad as some of the previous seasons. Season 6 and 7 were terrible. Just really dull.

It's not the worst thing on TV so I still watch it.

S6 is definitely where it all starts to fall apart in a big way. S7 is poor but does have the episode with James Earl Jones and the PS4 v Xbox episode. I didnt see anything in S11 to elevate it above either 6 or 7 and 12 is worse. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
23 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Enjoyed tonight's episode of Young Sheldon on e4.

Missy is hilarious, and Georgie trying to get his hole by going to church was brilliant.

Agreed, Missy is an absolute star. And how the grown-up version hasn't featured in the MILF thread is beyond me.

Courtney.jpg

• 2 months later...
On 02/05/2019 at 16:18, IainMorton said:

Just finished season 1 on Netflix as I’ve never actually watched all the episodes before, brilliant stuff to watch although there is only one real reason I am watching this... :wub: 

Wait until Bernadette appears (Season 3 I think)

Just finished season 1 on Netflix as I’ve never actually watched all the episodes before, brilliant stuff to watch although there is only one real reason I am watching this... :wub: 
Leonard?

11 hours ago, Swarley said:
On 02/05/2019 at 16:18, IainMorton said:

Leonard?

Ewwww of course not. I meant Sheldon, obviously.

14 hours ago, GordonD said:

Wait until Bernadette appears (Season 3 I think)

Yep she’s just started dating Howard. I’m hoping somewhere along the line there is an orgy of some sort involving her and Penny.

3 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

Yep she’s just started dating Howard. I’m hoping somewhere along the line there is an orgy of some sort involving her and Penny.

Maybe they're saving that for the show finale.

On 08/05/2019 at 13:09, IainMorton said:

Bazinga in the ball pit is my new favourite thing ever.

I've never been able to figure out why, but I fucking despise that scene.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

10 hours ago, Jaggy Snake said:

I've never been able to figure out why, but I fucking despise that scene.

I'm the opposite, its one of my favourite scenes ever.

8 hours ago, Swarley said:

I'm the opposite, its one of my favourite scenes ever.

Looks to me like something they wrote to fill in time because the show was running short, and they could extend it as long as they could get away with.  Like Sideshow Bob stepping on all those rakes in The Simpsons - which the writers freely admitted was the case.

6 hours ago, GordonD said:

Looks to me like something they wrote to fill in time because the show was running short, and they could extend it as long as they could get away with.  Like Sideshow Bob stepping on all those rakes in The Simpsons - which the writers freely admitted was the case.

That Sideshow Bob scene is still one of my favourite TV moments from any show.