The Big Bang Theory

Ned Nederlander

Never been overly fussed on watching it in order or waiting eagerly for new episodes, but I watch it every now and then. It's pretty cringeworthy and predictable for most of it but a few laughs here and there. Just watched the episode with Howard and Bernadette's baby is born. Suddenly Raj is a bit of a dick and Sheldon wants his hole?

Some of the better bits in the first few series were when Sheldon was pretty clueless to just about every social aspect. Now that he isn't so awkward, the show is just like every other US sitcom. 

They made the mistake of thinking anyone actually cared about Penny and Leonards relationship, then compounded it by thinking anyone cares about the females added in to the show to the point where some of them get more air time than the original cast.

They should've killed it instead of dragging it out.

They made the mistake of thinking anyone actually cared about Penny and Leonards relationship, then compounded it by thinking anyone cares about the females added in to the show to the point where some of them get more air time than the original cast.

They should've killed it instead of dragging it out.

I'm on series 5 just now and it's already tilting in this direction. There's a point where it goes completely but I haven't got there yet.

I'll report back when I do to save anyone else watching past that point.

You have to keep watching until you get to the episode with James Earl Jones.  Also keep watching until the episode where Sheldon gets drunk at Thanksgiving.  After that you aren't missing much.

Lost its magic the time Howard and Bernedette got married.  Two of my favourite characters as well.  Howard is so neutered now, I liked him when he was sleezy.

Never really liked Leonard and he doesnt deserve a Penny.

Also dont like the constant ripping of Comic Book Guy.  He is no worse that the rest of them.

Think the end is coming as it isnt as good as it used to be and with the baby I dont know where they can take it.

19 hours ago, Red_Dwarf_Posse said:

Lost its magic the time Howard and Bernedette got married.  Two of my favourite characters as well.  Howard is so neutered now, I liked him when he was sleezy.

Never really liked Leonard and he doesnt deserve a Penny.

Also dont like the constant ripping of Comic Book Guy.  He is no worse that the rest of them.

Think the end is coming as it isnt as good as it used to be and with the baby I dont know where they can take it.

That's roughly my impression as well.

After the cast got their big pay rise is when the series started to go downhill.

There are some amusing bits but series 10 isnae a patch on the previous series.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Last night's episode hit a real low, with Raj inexplicably deciding it would be a great idea to invite all his exs round to explain why they broke up with him. Who the f**k would do that? And who would think it was a good idea?

Raj is just so fucking whiny it's unreal.

Last night's episode hit a real low, with Raj inexplicably deciding it would be a great idea to invite all his exs round to explain why they broke up with him. Who the f**k would do that? And who would think it was a good idea?

Raj is just so fucking whiny it's unreal.

You think that's bad, wait until you get to the ones after he stops taking his parents money. Every other joke is a how Raj can't afford things :/

I love how instead of getting noises of an actual baby crying they've had Howard and Bernadette making OTT baby noises instead. Not.

Also has anyone noticed how we haven't seen a single shot of their baby yet? Every other sitcom manages it.

43 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/03/13/entertainment/big-bang-theory-spinoff/index.html

A TV show about a young Sheldon has been commissioned. The name? "Young Sheldon".   Must have had a big team of experts to come up with that name.

Pretty sure the original title of Big Bang was something like "Lenny, Penny and Kenny"

Renewed for 2 more seasons, not the news I wanted to hear

There doesn't seem to be any indication it will be the last two either.

It's purely been done for monetary reasons surely. The show is pretty much dead on it's arse and the storylines are going nowhere, but it's still insanely popular. I admit I still watch it but think I might call it quits at the end of this season as it's clearly a fucking pisstake now.

Chuck Lorre is like the Arsene Wenger of comedy writers.