The Big Bang Theory

Ned Nederlander

Sheldon is possibly one of the best US sitcom characters ever. Utter class.

He's one of the worst. He's painfully unfunny, the situations he gets into are so contrived and the things he says can be telegraphed from many miles and years away. I reckon it would be a half decent show without him, as the others are characters you can warm to, but this c**t is just begging for an utter hiding.

Seethe, raging etc etc for all the internet funny men who have no chat of their own. Maybe you unoriginal wanks can even post one of your oh so funny memes

He's one of the worst. He's painfully unfunny, the situations he gets into are so contrived and the things he says can be telegraphed from many miles and years away. I reckon it would be a half decent show without him, as the others are characters you can warm to, but this c**t is just begging for an utter hiding.

Seethe, raging etc etc for all the internet funny men who have no chat of their own. Maybe you unoriginal wanks can even post one of your oh so funny memes

Pish, the only reason BBT is still good is because of Sheldon and Amy. A brilliant and hillarious couple.

Pish, the only reason BBT is still good is because of Sheldon and Amy. A brilliant and hillarious couple.

I'm afraid I cannot offer my concurrence. He's just awful. Will And Grace awful. Yes, that bad.

• 6 months later...

Sheldon is possibly one of the best US sitcom characters ever. Utter class.

Yip - Agreed.

The show would survive without Wolowitz and Raj, it might even be better, but without Penny and Sheldon it would die.

FWIW - I recently Googled the Star Wars, "Serve and Protect" poster that Leonard has on his wall thinking I'd get it for Ned Jnr - it cost about $750 :huh:

• 4 weeks later...

I have been watching this on E4 having never previously gotten around to watching it.

I missed season 1 but have now seen seasons 2, 3 and 4 and I'm not overly enjoying it, what is the high point - does it get better from here on or has the best points already been?

Howard and Raj are brilliant, Penny and Leonard are fine and Sheldon has never been funny in my opinion

• 5 months later...

Yip - Agreed.

The show would survive without Wolowitz and Raj, it might even be better, but without Penny and Sheldon it would die.

FWIW - I recently Googled the Star Wars, "Serve and Protect" poster that Leonard has on his wall thinking I'd get it for Ned Jnr - it cost about $750 :huh:

I like the painting they have in the hall on the right side. Don't know what it is though?

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone else finding that season 8 has been utter shite?

Bernadette is now a bitch, even more forced jokes about Sheldon's Asperger's, Penny is now randomly a top sales person. Hilarious stuff.

Raj is the only one that keeps the show together, when he is on it.

It has been consistently strong until now can't see me sticking it much longer.

Bernadette is now a bitch, even more forced jokes about Sheldon's Asperger's, Penny is now randomly a top sales person. Hilarious stuff.

I wouldnt go as far as shite, but its not as good as the earlier season.

I started watching it again a while ago and am about half way through season 4. Being honest, its starts to go downhill when the other girls come into it. Amy is actually pretty fun in her early episodes though.

Its still enjoyable but its not as funny as it used to be :( How much of that is down to Pennys haircut and lack of skimpy clothing would be a matter for experiment

It's exceptionally poor now. It's just a Friends style sit com now. The originality has long gone. I've watched the first three episodes of the new season hoping to be proved wrong but I barely even smirked. I then caught a repeat of some of the episodes from season two which show, for me anyway, just how much the series has degraded over the last few years. Not worth watching at all any more.

Edited by RiG