Optical Illusions

I've definitely been whooshed! :lol:

Just for arguments sake I used to work in a printers and I've gota decent eye, at no point did we use the Dulux chart though, It's Pantone for the pros and the colours get numbers not names! ;)

The castle should look colour if you stare at the 'inverted colours' picture before the B&W one comes up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cISYzA36-ZY#t=89

Upon reflection, 'Eggshell' or 'Pale Nimbus' would have been a better exceptionally subtle reference than 'bone'.

Anyway, it's the Dulux chart, OK? Nobody goes into a shop and asks for a 032 U coloured tin of paint. :P

Deal_with_it_dog_gif.gif

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, quoted before the change and obviously whooshed after not seeing the Pie & Bovril The Movie reference. :P

What is one meant to see here other than a gif alternating between two different coloured pictures? Castle towers / battlements in a bluey/gold image was the first thing I saw. Is it just a joke as I can't see how staring at the black dot makes the slightest bit of difference?

Forget about the black dot and just let your eyes go out of focus looking at the colour picture. When the black and white picture appears it will look like a sharp colour photo for a few seconds.

Forget about the black dot and just let your eyes go out of focus looking at the colour picture. When the black and white picture appears it will look like a sharp colour photo for a few seconds.

holy-sht.gif

Eta: Here's a picture of me with a normal sized bottle of beer:

post-13234-0-88426200-1425047184.jpg

That dress is very, very clearly royal blue and black when you see it on the TV report btw. Looks f*** all like what's in that photo.

26265DF300000578-2971409-image-m-37_1425_81284990_9e0a7ef7-488d-4b2b-b613-e42b88

<_<

hold on a minute, i seen White/Gold about 5 minutes ago, went a read the dream thread and came back in and now i see black/blue. Have you changed the picture?

When I saw this on the BBC I saw it as white and gold - clear as day.

Now I see it here it's blue and black!

Sure there aren't two photoshopped pictures kicking about? Did my rods and cones change in the last 20 minutes?

EDIT - OK now I went back to the BBC and it's blue and black there as well.

EDIT - An now it's changed again to white and gold.

It's definitely blue and black. I'm fairly convinced this is an elaborate internet hoax in which some people have been contacted and told to claim it is white and gold to frustrate the rest of us who haven't been contacted.

Years in the planning I reckon. Years.

How can anybody see this dress being blue and black rather than what is obviously gold and white? :huh:

Where's the black? Where???!!!!

Guess what... It's now clearly purple-blue and black and I can't see a trace of white or gold no matter how hard I try.

149274.gif

hold on a minute, i seen White/Gold about 5 minutes ago, went a read the dream thread and came back in and now i see black/blue. Have you changed the picture?

I missed this until now. I'm exactly the same now and I've not changed any images.

When I scroll past the picture quickly it's blue and black, if i properly look at it it's white and gold.

Actually, this may have been the trigger. It was gold and immediately after doing this it's been (temporarily?) black in a non-reversible way.

Just seen this on BBC News

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-31656935

How can anybody see this dress being blue and black rather than what is obviously gold and white? :huh:

What do the P&B masses see?

_81284990_9e0a7ef7-488d-4b2b-b613-e42b88

I hope all this confusion about the colours doesn't somehow draw publicity to the dress and force them to sell more of them!

Well butter my buttocks.

For the last 24 hours I've been firmly in the 'White & Gold' camp but now...all the pictures are blue and black. It bothers me that I don't know how this works and it bothers me even more that I've begun to care.

Well butter my buttocks.

For the last 24 hours I've been firmly in the 'White & Gold' camp but now...all the pictures are blue and black. It bothers me that I don't know how this works and it bothers me even more that I've begun to care.

Just saw this and have already posted in two threads on it.

It's obviously blue and black, although it once came up white and gold, then changed immediately.

Will somebody bloody explain it please.

Archived