Official P&b Cycling Thread

5 hours ago, statts1976uk said:

As someone who claims to be a professional financial advisor/accountant surely you would be advising your clients to be as tax efficient as possible. I would presume that as someone who is self employed that you are maximising your income streams, I know I do.

I deal with large corporations, not sole traders.    I wouldn't be advising anyone to get a push bike, in the same way, I wouldn't recommend placing pass the parcel with a grenade.

1 hour ago, Bold Rover said:

Remember the old days when on this thread we discussed bikes and our ride experiences of the day etc? Nostalgia.

I do apologise for previous messages, let’s bring it back to the subject in hand.

Is anyone out on their Fatbikes today? Looks like it would be a great day for it!

1 hour ago, statts1976uk said:

That wasn’t the question I was posing to you, as an alleged “self employed” chap don’t you do the most to make yourself tax efficient?

Obviously.   I register as a company for this reason.  

1 hour ago, Bold Rover said:

Remember the old days when on this thread we discussed bikes and our ride experiences of the day etc? Nostalgia.

Apologies for the actions of Statts.  

3 minutes ago, statts1976uk said:

I do apologise for previous messages, let’s bring it back to the subject in hand.

Is anyone out on their Fatbikes today? Looks like it would be a great day for it!

Agreed!  Looks like a cracking day for a ride.   If your planning to go for a cycle today my advise would be:  Go for it!   

29 minutes ago, PB 4.2 said:

Obviously.   I register as a company for this reason.  

Apologies for the actions of Statts.  

Agreed!  Looks like a cracking day for a ride.   If your planning to go for a cycle today my advise would be:  Go for it!   

Right. That's enough spamming / trolling in the cycling thread. If you don't like cycling, go and post about it in one of the many anti-cycling threads you made.

2 minutes ago, PB 4.2 said:

Isn't the cycling thread is the best place to discuss all aspects of cycling?   Creating multiple threads would be spamming the website, and it's very important to me to be an excellent, non-intrusive forum member.    

I’m very surprised that you manage to find the time to get online what with being the “go to” man for the Chief Financial Officers of multi national businesses. 

“Hold on guys, why are we using the likes of PWC to run our accounts? What I need is a Walter Mitty type character who claims to do 178 miles everyday including Christmas Day and spending at least 4 hours driving covering those miles, he must be able to get a big mortgage on a make believe house but can’t get credit on a car. Make sure he has the ear of influential government ministers! Search Perthshire for this man, look for a clapped out old Kia and someone hiding in bushes filming innocent bystanders for his own personal collection, that will be our man!” 

Maybe you should set up a thread about why your beloved golf is losing so many participants to cycling, why so many courses are closing down?

7 minutes ago, statts1976uk said:

I’m very surprised that you manage to find the time to get online what with being the “go to” man for the Chief Financial Officers of multi national businesses. 

“Hold on guys, why are we using the likes of PWC to run our accounts? What I need is a Walter Mitty type character who claims to do 178 miles everyday including Christmas Day and spending at least 4 hours driving covering those miles, he must be able to get a big mortgage on a make believe house but can’t get credit on a car. Make sure he has the ear of influential government ministers! Search Perthshire for this man, look for a clapped out old Kia and someone hiding in bushes filming innocent bystanders for his own personal collection, that will be our man!” 

Maybe you should set up a thread about why your beloved golf is losing so many participants to cycling, why so many courses are closing down?

You keep spamming this thread, asking inane drivel like the above.   

I'm out.   

As you were.  

1 minute ago, PB 4.2 said:

You keep spamming this thread, asking inane drivel like the above.   

I'm out.   

As you were.  

Hurrah! Don’t let the door hit you on the way out!

Anyway fatbikes and snow, is it worth buying one for this weather even though it’s only a few days every year?

17 hours ago, statts1976uk said:

20180301_084554.thumb.jpg.0b180144543eee49536964861beb1aac.jpg

It's playtime !

Used it for purely practical stuff today. We live on the top of a hill in the highest part of Stirling so I was away bombing around town getting bread, the wife's prescription and the like. Excellent on the flat - it'll go through about a foot of the powdery stuff but the tyres hold a lot of snow. Didn't like icy ridges so much, the big tyres got deflected easily. Downhills were excellent, just aim for the deep stuff to slow down and it coped with the uphill stuff well so long as you kept moving. Got a lot of smiles and good comments everywhere too.  I'm seriously unfit so was peching a fair bit. Someone a bit fitter could throw it around a lot more. 

1 hour ago, NewBornBairn said:

Used it for purely practical stuff today. We live on the top of a hill in the highest part of Stirling so I was away bombing around town getting bread, the wife's prescription and the like. Excellent on the flat - it'll go through about a foot of the powdery stuff but the tyres hold a lot of snow. Didn't like icy ridges so much, the big tyres got deflected easily. Downhills were excellent, just aim for the deep stuff to slow down and it coped with the uphill stuff well so long as you kept moving. Got a lot of smiles and good comments everywhere too.  I'm seriously unfit so was peching a fair bit. Someone a bit fitter could throw it around a lot more. 

Sounds brilliant 

Like @statts1976uk I might be tempted to get one of these