Official P&b Cycling Thread

I hope this doesn't get here early huh.gif

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otland-14851926

Hurricane Katia off the east coast of the US could cause stormy weather to hit Scotland on Monday, according to forecasters in Miami.

Hey, as long as it is going West to East it can arrive anytime!!

The BBC weather forecast for Sunday when a lot of folks on here are taking part in the Pedal for Scotland events is heavy rain and 20mph wind.

On that basis, I'd put money on it being dry with a very light breeze, and a nice wee cooling shower if anything :)

At least if the forecast is correct, the wind is SSW, which means it's coming FROM south south west, i.e. mostly behind people. It might make for a bit of a crosswind for those doing the Sportive ride, though.

Just in case I don't get back on here before tomorrow, good luck for all those taking part in Pedal for Scotland on Sunday.

Weather looks set to be ropey but enjoy the day.:D

Ditto.

Was out this morning and only did 20 miles,but got absolutely soaked.

Hope the weather isn't too bed tomorrow,main thing is,everyone gets round safe and as MB says,enjoy it!

Shitty riding weather out there today so I hope all the PFS folks make it okay. It'll be a case of heads down and grinding out the miles. All credit to them for braving these conditions.

I finished an hour ago in a time of 3hrs and 38mins with 11 mins of stops which is pleasing. Now on the way home, started at 8.30 and avoided all the rain just a light drizzle to Airdrie and heavy spots near Linlithgow. Wind was bad after Linlithgow too had to lean into the kerb at to atop getting blown about. On the way home now and wind is blowing hard at Livi and there are dark skies and rain too.

Was a bit slow to get started mind you, lot of folk just sacked the official start line and started on the Saltmarket lol.

You do get some fuds on these rides too, to the bloke who ran the red light at speed in Easterhouse you are very, very, very lucky the guy turning right under green stopped or you would have been in an ambulance.

I finished an hour ago in a time of 3hrs and 38mins with 11 mins of stops which is pleasing. Now on the way home, started at 8.30 and avoided all the rain just a light drizzle to Airdrie and heavy spots near Linlithgow. Wind was bad after Linlithgow too had to lean into the kerb at to atop getting blown about. On the way home now and wind is blowing hard at Livi and there are dark skies and rain too.

Was a bit slow to get started mind you, lot of folk just sacked the official start line and started on the Saltmarket lol.

You do get some fuds on these rides too, to the bloke who ran the red light at speed in Easterhouse you are very, very, very lucky the guy turning right under green stopped or you would have been in an ambulance.

Well done!

That's great going in pretty poor conditions.

Just back - 3hrs 25m! Yaaaaaay. I said I'd be happy with anything under 3 1/2 hours so I'm chuffed to bits. It was really slow getting out of Glasgow because of the number of bikes, but after the first stopping point it got quieter.

On the downside, it looks as though the bearings on the bottom bracket are shot. Is this kind of thing covered by warranty?

Just back - 3hrs 25m! Yaaaaaay. I said I'd be happy with anything under 3 1/2 hours so I'm chuffed to bits. It was really slow getting out of Glasgow because of the number of bikes, but after the first stopping point it got quieter.

On the downside, it looks as though the bearings on the bottom bracket are shot. Is this kind of thing covered by warranty?

Well done that is a good time. I agree it was slow out of Glasgow, I've got a few 5minute kms there!

I struggled between Linlithgow and Kirkliston a bit, mainly due to the wind but out of that largely when we turned at the A90 it gave my legs a rest. I think the Sportive guys might get soaked, hopefully they'll miss it though.

Loved going through the trackside at Murrayfield though!

Well done that is a good time. I agree it was slow out of Glasgow, I've got a few 5minute kms there!

I struggled between Linlithgow and Kirkliston a bit, mainly due to the wind but out of that largely when we turned at the A90 it gave my legs a rest. I think the Sportive guys might get soaked, hopefully they'll miss it though.

Loved going through the trackside at Murrayfield though!

Yeah, 15 minutes to go 2km to Alexandra Parade sad.gif

Going through Murrayfield was brilliant - I wasn't expecting that and it fair put a smile on my face.

I finished the Sportive Ride in bang on 6 hours cycling time with a 15 minute break in the middle so I reckon my time in The Sun on Tuesday will show about 6hrs 20 mins or so.

The first 40 miles were the most brutal I have cycled, driving rain, into the wind on very exposed and often very poor condition roads. The next 30 miles were a bit hillier - there was one brute of a hill which I had to push the last 50 yards of but was quite happy as many others had to push from the bottom!! It truly was a stonker, I thought I had conquered it, got to the top to find it switched back for another 100 yards and my legs caved in eventually.

The last 30 miles was a bit of a sprint to the end, finishing by going through Murrayfield was awesome, can't wait to see the photos, there will be one of me going halfway up that brute of a hill still cycling at the time! The photos going through Murrayfield should look great with the stands behind you.

Well done to all who took part, regardless of your time you will have got there and that's what counts.

If we all stay on thread for the next year or so it would be great to do the Sportive together to give you guys something to work to.:D

Edited by monkeyblair

I finished the Sportive Ride in bang on 6 hours cycling time with a 15 minute break in the middle so I reckon my time in The Sun on Tuesday will show about 6hrs 20 mins or so.

The first 40 miles were the most brutal I have cycled, driving rain, into the wind on very exposed and often very poor condition roads. The next 30 miles were a bit hillier - there was one brute of a hill which I had to push the last 50 yards of but was quite happy as many others had to push from the bottom!! It truly was a stonker, I thought I had conquered it, got to the top to find it switched back for another 100 yards and my legs caved in eventually.

The last 30 miles was a bit of a sprint to the end, finishing by going through Murrayfield was awesome, can't wait to see the photos, there will be one of me going halfway up that brute of a hill still cycling at the time! The photos going through Murrayfield should look great with the stands behind you.

Well done to all who took part, regardless of your time you will have got there and that's what counts.

If we all stay on thread for the next year or so it would be great to do the Sportive together to give you guys something to work to.:D

As the guy on Eurosport cycling would say, Chapeau ! to all you guys....great efforts, particularly in today's conditions .

Hopefully you will recover in time to watch the 1st stage, Peebles/Dumfries, of the Tour of Britain on ITV4 at 7pm. Again, well done !

As the guy on Eurosport cycling would say, Chapeau ! to all you guys....great efforts, particularly in today's conditions .

Hopefully you will recover in time to watch the 1st stage, Peebles/Dumfries, of the Tour of Britain on ITV4 at 7pm. Again, well done !

Watch it, I felt like I was in it today :lol:

Well done for today.

I'd imagine the bottom bracket would surely be covered,as the bike is only just over 4 months old.

If you think there would be any hassle with the warranty,I'd be happy to take bike back as still being owned by me