Official P&b Cycling Thread

Gosh - wasn't seeking credit! We considered going down to Fairlie and heading for Dalry, but weren't sure of the road and would have put another 10 miles or so on our already long circuit that day. We did create a queue of impatient cars behind us on the twists of the brae, climbing at about 3mph!

I just think that road is way too dangerous for cycling on, I've seen too many near misses.

Haylie brae is fine for cycling, it's a lung buster till just past the second hairpin though.

There's a few decent climbs in the garelochhead area and, of course, rest and be thankful.

Haylie bare hardest of the two. Although I do enjoy the rest climb and decent. Done the dunoon cycle a few times. Although the road there up by the loch is dodgy

Need some assistance please, I've done something to my front brakes and now one side continually wants to "lock in" to the wheel even when brake is not engaged.

The side that is being pulled in is, and apologies for my lack of knowledge and terms, the non-lever side - the side you would adjust the bolt to give some more give to the brakes.

Any guesses as to how I can fix. I have 1% knowledge and I have exhausted it.

Need some assistance please, I've done something to my front brakes and now one side continually wants to "lock in" to the wheel even when brake is not engaged.

The side that is being pulled in is, and apologies for my lack of knowledge and terms, the non-lever side - the side you would adjust the bolt to give some more give to the brakes.

Any guesses as to how I can fix. I have 1% knowledge and I have exhausted it.

Is it as if the brake has been pulled and won't fully disengage? I had a problem with that, whip the wheel off and get ripped in about the spring behind the brake with a toothbrush and some WD40.

Yeah at elderslie the tunnel with the sorta s bend. Still cycled to work just got worse as the day progressed. So just got it checked.

I damaged my foot there- put it down to stop because of 2 folk wandering all over and boy did it hurt. Had to stop at Morrisons in Johnstone and call for a pick up!