Official P&b Cycling Thread

If you're interested, I have one of these for sale:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_777849_langId_-1_categoryId_289005

It's about 3 years old, cracking bike, used it quite a lot when I first got it but hardly been used for the past couple of years. It's in good condition with a few scratches on the paintwork and has just been serviced. Looking for about £325.

If you're interested, I have one of these for sale:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_777849_langId_-1_categoryId_289005

It's about 3 years old, cracking bike, used it quite a lot when I first got it but hardly been used for the past couple of years. It's in good condition with a few scratches on the paintwork and has just been serviced. Looking for about £325.

Sorry mate, but you can get a brand new one of these for £399

A £74 reduction for a 3 year old bike is a bit over ambitious imo

More realistic price would be around £125 max

Good luck though

My work has just entered a team into the Prudential 100 Ride London in August this year and I have been asked to go down and take part.

Looking forward to it, including the famous Box Hill!

me and my mate are doing it also. Im well up for this

me and my mate are doing it also. Im well up for this

How much did you have to pay to enter?

We hooked up with a charity to get places and it has cost us a £50 admin fee each. There are 15 of us.

How much did you have to pay to enter?

We hooked up with a charity to get places and it has cost us a £50 admin fee each. There are 15 of us.

same mate 50. And we've to raise money through a charity. Told the routes fairly decent and easy enough from a few who've done it

same mate 50. And we've to raise money through a charity. Told the routes fairly decent and easy enough from a few who've done it

That's the deal we have got, route looks decent and always something different I suppose.

I'm driving down, the sister-in-law lives in Surrey so making a long weekend of it with the wife and kid. No idea how to get into the start from Surrey but will worry about that nearer the time.

Yeah we're doing something similar down all weekend taking the wee man to legoland on the sat and my day on the Sunday. Flights booked just need to deal with accommodation. My mate driving down with bikes

Dependent on the age of the wee man I would consider Chessington World of Adventures over Legoland.

Everything is awesome there.....no hold on a minute.

A very enjoyable ride in this morning, with no wind and some fantastic drivers who were happy to keep back at the pinch points.

The weather is meant to be quite mild this evening, so I might take the 10-mile route home to fully break myself back into the saddle.

This morning cycling into work there is a clicking/crunching noise coming from my front wheel. It doesnt do it on every rotation and seems to go away at higher speeds. I took the wheel off and realined it. I also removed the screws from both sides and checked there was nothing rubbing (indicator etc). Anyone any idea what this might be?

This morning cycling into work there is a clicking/crunching noise coming from my front wheel. It doesnt do it on every rotation and seems to go away at higher speeds. I took the wheel off and realined it. I also removed the screws from both sides and checked there was nothing rubbing (indicator etc). Anyone any idea what this might be?

Its a common problem with the Triban 3.

It just needs greased i believe. Decathlon happily do it for you if you take it in.

Can someone give me their thoughts on this

http://www.edinburghbicycle.com/products/revolution-track-13?bct=browse%2fbicycles%2froad-bikes

Haven't cycled since I had a shan mountain bike in my teens, never had a road bike. I'm only looking for something to commute to work on and go out and about on during the summer months, not looking to be Bradley Wiggins.

I really love the look of that bike (and the price!) but obviously won't buy if it is garbage. Can someone tell me the pros and cons of a singlespeed? I literally don't have the first idea.

Thanks.

It a single speed track bike mate

Really no good for what you need it for

For city commuting fixed gear are great. The have a short wheelbase and that makes weaving through stationary traffic a doddle. Plus you don't have to worry about maintaining the gears, and can probably take the rear brake off as well so that's something else that wont break down. In fact the only maintenance is keeping the tyres at pressure, cleaning the chain and wiping the shite off it once a day.

The one Edinburgh Bikes are selling is overpriced for what it is, as you'll probably want to change out the pedals and stem right off the bat. The tyres are also not that great and you'd want to invest in gatorskins or schwalbe marathons.

The main benefit of fixed is that you'll increase your cycling skillset, and on the occasions when you switch back to freewheel or derailleur you'll suddenly discover that your sense of balance, positioning, and reading of the road has improved immeasurably. You'll also learn to never coast as the pedals won't stop turning, so really good for building fitness. Going downhill does become a bit scary until you're used to it, and it can sometimes feel like the bike is in more control than you are.

I wouldn't advise getting a track bike unless you have some road experience, because it is quite a different beast and really easy to slip up if you aren't used to it. Skinned palms, knees, and elbows await you in the first month.

For a bit more cash you could consider picking up one of these.

http://www.edinburghbicycle.com/products/charge-plug-1-14?bct=browse%2fbicycles%2froad-bikes

Sheldon Brown, peace be unto him, has written extensively on why you should ditch the derailleur.

http://sheldonbrown.com/fixed.html

Edit: It is also really fun compared to freewheel bikes. I tend to flip the back wheel in winter and stick the brakes on again, because stopping in heavy rain can be a bit of mission. As soon as it even shows the slightest hint of a dry spell the bike goes right back to the fixed cog. Riding freewheel is dull as hell and meant for women and greybeards.

Edited by Broccoli Dog