Golfers Thread

Gaz

Considering taking up golf after about 8 years without playing.

Can anyone recommend any courses in the Aberdeen area? Looking for something cheap. By cheap I mean very cheap.

Kings Links down by pittodrie is probably the cheapest in the city

Is it any good?

I previously played on a good links course, proper club etc but the membership fees weren't as high as the clubs in Aberdeen.

I don't want to commit too much money to it as I'm just looking at is as a wee hobby for the summer.

Is it any good?

I previously played on a good links course, proper club etc but the membership fees weren't as high as the clubs in Aberdeen.

I don't want to commit too much money to it as I'm just looking at is as a wee hobby for the summer.

Its decent enough to get you back into playing,it will test you  when its windy

For a cheaper "parkland" type of course Craibstone is always in decent nick,if im staying over with work i normally get a hotel up by the airport(close to office) and Craibstone is 10 mins away,so i normally play there

Muirfield votes to not allow women members and is taking off the Open rota

R&A hypocrisy - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/36331270

"Governing body the R&A said it would not stage the Open "at a venue that does not admit women as members"...

"Royal Troon is the only other Open venue that still excludes women. Due to stage this year's Championship, it is consulting members about altering that arrangement."

It's hypocrisy depending on timing in terms of allocating the Open and reaching a decision on the policy of non allocation. You'd think such a ruling from the R&A should have been in place years ago but if it wasn't then they can only enforce it from the point where it was implemented. The sort of c**t that feels part of a club like Muirfield will almost invariably be the sort you'd avoid at all costs in day to day life.

If the head honcho was so gutted by this sexist shit why didn't he quit in protest?

In interview he reeked of voting against women.....every member interviewed so far claims to vote for women....yet argues against....bit like ad lib on politics forums....set of awful out of touch tory cants. ......