Golfers Thread

Gaz

Just joined Leven Thistle there, going to put 3 cards in for my handicap and see how I get on, hopefully 13-16 with the chance of being single figures by the end of next season.

Just joined Leven Thistle there, going to put 3 cards in for my handicap and see how I get on, hopefully 13-16 with the chance of being single figures by the end of next season.

That's my club mate. Great course and great club.

Give me a shout if you need a card signed.

That's my club mate. Great course and great club.

Give me a shout if you need a card signed.

Perfect cheers bud, couple of my neebers play there so I'm going to try and get all 3 cards in next week and get and get involved in some medals asap. If you ever fancy a round or are needing a partner for the sweep etc give me a shout would be good to get to know a few more boys there.

Perfect cheers bud, couple of my neebers play there so I'm going to try and get all 3 cards in next week and get and get involved in some medals asap. If you ever fancy a round or are needing a partner for the sweep etc give me a shout would be good to get to know a few more boys there.

Will do mate.

Playing at Alloa on Thursday and Dunfermline on Friday. Haven`t played either before. 

Schawpark , Alloa is decent , one of the best starting and finishing holes ive played,

If its Pitfirrane,Dunfermline you are playing i played there open last Saturday,

Course is immaculate and very good mix of holes, If you drive well you will shoot a good score,

dont drive well you better have plenty balls..

Edited by Fife Journeyman

Managed to get cut to 8.3 the other day, best ever round in a medal, lowest ever round and first under 80 at my course. Also lower than my dads ever been so was well chuffed.

Proceeded to get put out of both the handicap and scratch matchplays on first extra hole and played like an arse the following medal but managed buffer due to a few cut backs.

Played in the medal at blairgowrie lansdowne medal course yesterday afternoon. It is a beast the best of times, Par 72 6900 plus yards. Pouring rain the whole round. 14 pars, 3 bogies and a double. 77 less 7 to win the tournament and lose 1.0 from the handicap. Down to 6.2. Delighted. First cut since this time last year when got 0.8 off. Roll on Saturday

Played in the medal at blairgowrie lansdowne medal course yesterday afternoon. It is a beast the best of times, Par 72 6900 plus yards. Pouring rain the whole round. 14 pars, 3 bogies and a double. 77 less 7 to win the tournament and lose 1.0 from the handicap. Down to 6.2. Delighted. First cut since this time last year when got 0.8 off. Roll on Saturday

Congradulations bud

Used my free round from American golf to play Drumoig yesterday. Really enjoyed it and will certainly head back with some good prices kicking about the teeofftimes site.

Added bonus of following Paul Lawrie around as he playing in a mini pro series.

Has anyone here played at Crow Wood in Chryston?

I'm on the lookout for a club to join, I live in Cumbernauld so it's quite near by. I'm 24 and would be able to join from now until April for £240 as a "Junior", and as I'll be 25 on the 1st of January, I'd be eligible for Junior membership again the next year. Sounds like good value to me given all the benefits that come with membership.

Going to go and play the course on Saturday and see what it's like. I'm a novice, so hopefully not too difficult!

Nice enough course, tricky in places, but the drainage is pretty poor, and it can be soaking wet after fairly average rainfalls.

One plus is that it is a Braid course, which offers you discounts to other Braid courses around the world as a visitor.

Great effort. Tough course.