Golfers Thread

Gaz

Nice enough course, tricky in places, but the drainage is pretty poor, and it can be soaking wet after fairly average rainfalls.

One plus is that it is a Braid course, which offers you discounts to other Braid courses around the world as a visitor.

Cheers Mark. Played it last night and enjoyed the layout, hard to get an idea of drainage after recent weather. I was told by a couple of members I spoke to that drainage was much improved over the last couple of years and work is continuing to improve it further. Seems it was playable with only minimal changes through our admittedly mild winter.

I think I'll play it once more then make my mind up, but will probably join. It's a ten minute drive from me and is made good value with the youth rate. A years ticket for Lethamhill, or Littlehill is only about 50 bucks cheaper and is only to allow you to play the course. Glasgow City Council don't seem to bother their arse looking after either course, so Crow Wood seems like the better option.

Cheers Mark. Played it last night and enjoyed the layout, hard to get an idea of drainage after recent weather. I was told by a couple of members I spoke to that drainage was much improved over the last couple of years and work is continuing to improve it further. Seems it was playable with only minimal changes through our admittedly mild winter.

I think I'll play it once more then make my mind up, but will probably join. It's a ten minute drive from me and is made good value with the youth rate. A years ticket for Lethamhill, or Littlehill is only about 50 bucks cheaper and is only to allow you to play the course. Glasgow City Council don't seem to bother their arse looking after either course, so Crow Wood seems like the better option.

Crow Wood has the added benefit that you can walk to your next shot without the fear that the locals will pinch the balls.

Buffer yesterday after a great round in midweek. Par at the last would have seen another 0.2 off but made a complete mess of after a stunning drive. 96 yards to go and taken 5 shots to get in for a double. After Wednesday when I was getting it up and down for fun, think my luck eventually vanished. Can't complain though, it has been a good week. Played with two 2 handicap players and my game was not far away from either (actually beaten one of them scratch ). Roll on next weekend .

Buffer yesterday after a great round in midweek. Par at the last would have seen another 0.2 off but made a complete mess of after a stunning drive. 96 yards to go and taken 5 shots to get in for a double. After Wednesday when I was getting it up and down for fun, think my luck eventually vanished. Can't complain though, it has been a good week. Played with two 2 handicap players and my game was not far away from either (actually beaten one of them scratch ). Roll on next weekend .

Sounds like your golf is in a good place. Always disappointing to mess up the last having played well.

I had a round last year when 2 bogeys to finish would have meant a cut. Finished triple, triple  :lol:

Sounds like your golf is in a good place. Always disappointing to mess up the last having played well.

I had a round last year when 2 bogeys to finish would have meant a cut. Finished triple, triple :lol:

ouch :lol: annoying at the time but when you sit and think about your game was obviously decent to get close to breaking it. It's a mental game !! My good friend has gone from 0.2 to plus 1.4 this season. Shooting the lights out of it in stroke play but in the club champs he lost to a 5 handicapper. Crazy

Crow Wood has the added benefit that you can walk to your next shot without the fear that the locals will pinch the balls.

A couple of weeks ago a kind golfer in the party in front of me at Lethamhill left his empty bucky bottle in the cup in place of the long departed flag stick.

The dash over the hill at the second to find your ball before some hoodlum does is always fun.

Was just flicking through this bored at work. Always enjoyed a game of golf, playing with ancient clubs, but gonna get a new set for my birthday in August.

Caught the golf bug and got my membership at Falkirk today after lots of rounds with my mates up there, 28 quid a month for ten months isnt bad!

Gaz, you still playing up at falkirk?

Put my 3 cards in for my HC today, 92 with 5 lost balls, 91 with 5 lost balls and 87 with 3, so quite a few quadruples in there which have hammered me.

Anyone want a guess at my handicap?

Its winter here in NZ, wet but I'm still playing regularly.

Trouble is my game is going to the dogs.  

In the summer I was 11 handicap but currently edging back up towards 14/15.
The more I play and the more I practice the worse I'm getting.
I was hoping to become a single figure handicapper but right now I feel like I will never get there.

Aargh!   :o

Joined a golf club this time last year and was given handicap of 9.2,

I am now at 5.2. Delighted but the downside is will really struggle to compete for medals etc off this,

I think if you play steady golf its not to hard to get cut from around 9/10 to 5/6

Id imagine getting from 5 to 2/3 would be a lot harder,

Put my 3 cards in for my HC today, 92 with 5 lost balls, 91 with 5 lost balls and 87 with 3, so quite a few quadruples in there which have hammered me.

Anyone want a guess at my handicap?

For you a bandit of hc at about 15,get yersel into the sweep and clear up

For you a bandit of hc at about 15,get yersel into the sweep and clear up

It's lost balls and finding fairway bunkers that's destroying me just now, irons, putting and chipping are all pretty good just now so I'm going to hit the range a couple of times this week before Sunday's comp and if I can get the driving sorted out I should tumble down a bit in the next few months.