Golfers Thread

Gaz

39 minutes ago, Tartan Dave said:

Apparently Harold Varner topped his tee shot on the iconic tenth. I’d love to see the clip, why aren’t they showing us! Make us amatuers feel a bit better about ourselves

I must have watched  this hundreds of times since it happened to make myself feel better.

I must have watched  this hundreds of times since it happened to make myself feel better.

Haha, remember it at the time. Bloody brilliant [emoji23] that was a great day of golf, dropped shots everywhere. Funner to watch when it’s like that. A birdie means a bit more

Apparently Harold Varner topped his tee shot on the iconic tenth. I’d love to see the clip, why aren’t they showing us! Make us amatuers feel a bit better about ourselves
A 129 yard 3 wood. I can beat that. Missed on the coverage, probably showing somebody who was about 17 shots back at the time.

11 hours ago, Tartan Dave said:

I went to the Scottish Open years ago at Loch Lomond and stood behind (I think) the 10th tee.  Pine trees all down the left hand side.  An Australian golfer, whose name I can't remember, stepped up and hit the most beautiful duck hook you've ever seen that disappeared, never to be seen again into the forest.  A muttered "for f**k sake" and he reloaded and hit the second best duck hook you've ever seen into the forest followed by the most Australian "for f**k sake!" you've ever heard.

Absolutely everyone watching left that tee feeling much better about their game.

Ball will be the next thing I look at, got loads of prov1s from last season but also had some success with the NXT Tour S, which is significantly cheaper and also the Chrome Soft. Will be interested to try TMs new tour response ball which testing is showing to be brilliant compared to the premium balls.

What’s in the bag now going into 2020:

M2 2017 9.5 Driver 56g stiff stock shaft
M2 2016 15deg 3 wood reg shaft.

Cobra AMP Cell 19deg 3 Hybrid reg shaft.

TM P790 5-gap wedge 105 Nippon Modus shaft

56 degree Cleveland RTX
Cleveland HB Classic 3.0 Putter.

Obvious gap/issue in the bag is the 3H-5iron gap. 5iron normalised carry 175, 3H 195. So will be looking for a 4H and may replace with regular cobra with a stiff shaft something hybrid.

Just to update on my WITB gapping issue I’ve bought two Titleist 816 Hybrids 19 and 23 degrees which I think should fill the 5i to 3w gap pretty nicely.

Bag complete.