Golfers Thread

Gaz

4 hours ago, peasy23 said:

All I can say is, at least I didn't NR. emoji85.png

Played some excellent shots, but too many poor tee shots left me struggling.

Yep first time off the white tees for this year for me too.

I've continued my erratic golfing journey. Standing on 11th tee I had only 12 stableford points, 3 of which came from a birdie on the par 5 9th. Thereafter played well and got 18 stableford points for the final 8 holes, largely due to 9 points over the last 3 holes with a par (net birdie) on 16, another par (net birdie) on 17 and a birdie on 18. 

I drove the ball abysmally on the front 9 and really well on the back 9. 

Fecking golf !

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

DeChambeau having a mild touch of roid rage last night, taking the hump with a cameraman for having the audacity to film him throwing a club after hitting a shite bunker shot.

He reckons players shouldn't be filmed when they lose their shit because it might hurt their brand.

Surely a man as intelligent and analytical as him has considered there might be another possible way to prevent "the brand" being hurt?

He reckons players shouldn't be filmed when they lose their shit because it might hurt their brand.
Surely a man as intelligent and analytical as him has considered there might be another possible way to prevent "the brand" being hurt?
Eamon Lynch calls him out in this article..

https://golfweek.usatoday.com/2020/07/04/eamon-lynch-bryson-dechambeau-berating-a-cameraman-reveals-his-true-brand/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

DeChambeau having a mild touch of roid rage last night, taking the hump with a cameraman for having the audacity to film him throwing a club after hitting a shite bunker shot.

DeChambeau is an absolute dick of a man. Utterly unlikeable.

As I say every Sunday evening......
Anyone but Bryson !

Might be wishful thinking this week.

Selfishly I want him to win to prove a point to someone that he’s made huge gains by hitting it as far as he is. “Until he wins, he’s gained nothing but weight”

Might be wishful thinking this week.

Selfishly I want him to win to prove a point to someone that he’s made huge gains by hitting it as far as he is. “Until he wins, he’s gained nothing but weight”

Aye he is totally cruising tonight. Wolf imploding has certainly helped

Letting Troy Merrit hit first when it’s not his honour on a 399 yard par 4, because he’s trying to hit the green, is amazing [emoji23]

Hasn’t been great off the tee his last 2. Maybe the nerves are showing

11 hours ago, peasy23 said:

What an opening paragraph

"It’s one of life’s more reliable axioms that if a man has to tell you he’s a good dude, there’s a fair chance he is actually an insufferable gobshite."