Golfers Thread

Gaz

1 minute ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I’d be taking that up with the club secretary. You’ve kept your side of the deal and someone outwith your control had fucked up. If it’s just the two of you tomorrow then don’t go. He’s clearly a fucking liability.

I'd second this. Don't think you should give up a net 64 in those circumstances without doing something about it. At the very least you might prevent this guy from shafting other players.

Patrick Reed's a knob but his scrambling has been a pleasure to watch today. Please don't let Reed or DeChambeau win.

I'd second this. Don't think you should give up a net 64 in those circumstances without doing something about it. At the very least you might prevent this guy from shafting other players. Patrick Reed's a knob but his scrambling has been a pleasure to watch today. Please don't let Reed or DeChambeau win.

Absolutely this. Given when entering scores in you are asked to confirm the total then the best take on what he did is that he shouldn’t be allowed out on his own. Failing that he’s a c**t who did it to screw over someone who dared to play well when he was shite.

4 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Yeah, I've contacted the handicap secretary. The pro reckons that because it is fairly obvious what the error is that there could be leeway, and has already apologised profusely for sending us out with him, to be followed up with some freebies from the shop.

Would probably just take never having to play with him again but free sweeties never goes a miss either....

Looks like Thomas and Cabrera Bello might be paired in the second last group tomorrow, they'll be a fun pairing to watch.

Why are we still seeing Tiger duffing about in the cabbage? He's gone US TV, get over it.

I always thought he was a twat, but I followed him for 4 or 5 holes at Troon in a practice round and the golf he played was phenomenal. What was particularly impressive was how far he could shape the ball both left and right. FB_IMG_1600465131168.thumb.jpg.1b5028a007aaefa8997dce927009cd5a.jpg

Self taught apparently. Hasn’t had a lesson

Yeah, I've contacted the handicap secretary. The pro reckons that because it is fairly obvious what the error is that there could be leeway, and has already apologised profusely for sending us out with him, to be followed up with some freebies from the shop.

I strongly feel the handicap secretary needs to intervene here. It’s completely unacceptable for you to be punished for this. The pro should speak to the handicap secretary to give the background too. Good luck with it.

Where’s everyone playing this weekend? Iv got 18 booked at Kirriemuir. Weather is meant to be lovely as well
Monthly medal/autumn meeting at Bishopbriggs. Good weather forecast.

Last few groups at Winged Foot won't finish tonight, MacIntyre and Scott among them

Reed may be a colossal bellend, but what a short game the guy has. 

Yes to all of this. For me it adds to the spectacle that two guys I really don’t want to win are at the top of the leaderboard. Loads of players still in contention here with 2 rounds to go. Stocked up on red wine and ready to enjoy the the weekend at the US Open.