Golfers Thread

Gaz

Played in the medal yesterday with my mate who has just joined, and was playing one of his rounds for his handicap. Not long before we were due to start, the pro came over to me and asked if we would mind if one of the old boys joined us, as he wanted to play in the medal, but there wasn't anyone else around. We said that was fine, even though in retrospect alarm bells should have been blaring, as the old boys normally go out in a big group earlier in the day on a Thursday.
Still, we headed off, and agreed I would be the marker for my mate, the old boy would mark for me, and my mate for him. I proceeded to have one of the best rounds of my life, despite the attempts of this guy to be a complete c**t for 18 holes, whinging about the course, starting loud conversations with people on other fairways as you are about to hit, and basically everything in the "member who is an arsehole" list. I suspect my absolute rage was causing me to stripe everything, and I ended up with a net 64, which should be a monster cut. My mate got a decent round in as well, and unsurprisingly the old boy was an NR by the 5th, but still trying to convince us he used to be Jack Nicklaus.
And then this morning the results came out. DQ for me, and up 0.1. The current system at out place is you mark your partner's card, verbally agree the score, then email it in, while they enter their own score on HDID. Turns out that despite verbally agreeing every score on the next tee, and the totals as we left the 18th, he's managed to miss out my score on 18, and started all the additions in that box, meaning I scored 38 for the 18th. My HDID score then doesn't match the verbally agreed scorecard which was submitted, and I've effectively been DQed for submitting an incorrect scorecard.
I am actually fucking seething. Not only did he ruin the enjoyment of the round in general, but he has also taken away the one redeeming feature of the day. If I ever see him again, I will probably fucking kill him.
We've been draw together in tomorrow's balloted medal.
Quite entitled to kill him imo.

I would object to playing with him again on the grounds that he can't be trusted to fill in a scorecard properly.

Be interesting to see how everybody is doing it. We mark our own scorecard, and one of your playing partners keeps a note of your score in the "marker's score" column with your initials at the top. You then agree both scores match after the round, sign your card, input it on HDID, then stick your card in the box.

Still been plenty of DQs, because some folk are too fkn stupid to follow those relatively simple instructions. . I did have a good chuckle a few weeks back when it flagged up on HDID that somebody had a hole in one on the first. Fair enough, except it is a 360 yard dogleg par 4. Another DQ as they had managed to enter a 1 instead of a 4.

13 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Just turned the golf on in time to see McGinley desperately predicting a run of birdies for McIlroy as he slides down the leaderboard. Some things never change. 

On 17/09/2020 at 07:39, doulikefish said:

I shall be raging at the tv sometine over the weekend when Rorys about 10 back and Mcginley will be predicting a charge within 5 mins of the coverage starting 

🙄

Christ it's going to be Reed and DeChambeau in the final pairing tomorrow. What a prospect. 
Will be surprised if Reed gets through the rest of his round without slipping down the leader board, although he has just birdied 16 (his 7th hole).

Cut line currently +5 which is where McIntyre sits just now, can see that sliding to at least +6.

40 minutes ago, Tartan Dave said:

Reed going along well. Quite a fan of him nowadays, comes across well in interviews. A real challenge today, shocked at Thomas’ round so far, thought he’d be a lot more solid

Reed is a horrible c**t.

11 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Add Bubba Watson and Nick Faldo for the ultimate c**t 4ball.

3 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Bubba has grown on me. Does a lot for children’s charities in Florida and it’s a nice story about him adopting their kid because his Mrs was unable to get pregnant.

I'm with Lichtie here, I don't mind Bubba.

Bubba has grown on me. Does a lot for children’s charities in Florida and it’s a nice story about him adopting their kid because his Mrs was unable to get pregnant.
I always thought he was a twat, but I followed him for 4 or 5 holes at Troon in a practice round and the golf he played was phenomenal. What was particularly impressive was how far he could shape the ball both left and right. FB_IMG_1600465131168.jpg

Played in the medal yesterday with my mate who has just joined, and was playing one of his rounds for his handicap. Not long before we were due to start, the pro came over to me and asked if we would mind if one of the old boys joined us, as he wanted to play in the medal, but there wasn't anyone else around. We said that was fine, even though in retrospect alarm bells should have been blaring, as the old boys normally go out in a big group earlier in the day on a Thursday.
Still, we headed off, and agreed I would be the marker for my mate, the old boy would mark for me, and my mate for him. I proceeded to have one of the best rounds of my life, despite the attempts of this guy to be a complete c**t for 18 holes, whinging about the course, starting loud conversations with people on other fairways as you are about to hit, and basically everything in the "member who is an arsehole" list. I suspect my absolute rage was causing me to stripe everything, and I ended up with a net 64, which should be a monster cut. My mate got a decent round in as well, and unsurprisingly the old boy was an NR by the 5th, but still trying to convince us he used to be Jack Nicklaus.
And then this morning the results came out. DQ for me, and up 0.1. The current system at out place is you mark your partner's card, verbally agree the score, then email it in, while they enter their own score on HDID. Turns out that despite verbally agreeing every score on the next tee, and the totals as we left the 18th, he's managed to miss out my score on 18, and started all the additions in that box, meaning I scored 38 for the 18th. My HDID score then doesn't match the verbally agreed scorecard which was submitted, and I've effectively been DQed for submitting an incorrect scorecard.
I am actually fucking seething. Not only did he ruin the enjoyment of the round in general, but he has also taken away the one redeeming feature of the day. If I ever see him again, I will probably fucking kill him.
We've been draw together in tomorrow's balloted medal.

I’d be taking that up with the club secretary. You’ve kept your side of the deal and someone outwith your control had fucked up. If it’s just the two of you tomorrow then don’t go. He’s clearly a fucking liability.