Golfers Thread

Gaz

"I've had some really weird things happen to me this week....." so says Roidboy DeChambeau.
Not the only shit excuse heard today. Tiger's not long said "I committed to the wrong wind" as the reason for his 10 on the 12th. I can understand that for his first shot, but not everything else that followed.

Martin Laird already qualified after his recent victory.
Sandy Lyle too as a previous champion.
Decent chance for MacIntyre if he can get up the rankings again.

No offence to Sandy but he shouldn’t take up the invite. If it allows someone else a chance to play then he should let that happen. I understand why Langer would still play and at a stretch Mize but anyone else who knows they are going to miss the cut shouldn’t play. Just my opinion of course

No offence to Sandy but he shouldn’t take up the invite. If it allows someone else a chance to play then he should let that happen. I understand why Langer would still play and at a stretch Mize but anyone else who knows they are going to miss the cut shouldn’t play. Just my opinion of course
With the "invitation" system that they use at Augusta, Sandy playing or not playing has no effect on anybody except him. Nobody else gets in if he sits it out.

Top 50 in the World Rankings who haven't already been invited by another route get the nod, MacIntyre was heading in the right direction before Covid halted everything. He was back up to 63rd last week after winning in Cyprus.

3 minutes ago, Andrew Driver said:

But Sandy can still shoot under par at Augusta indeed at his best could post a top 20.   

A better draw for Thursday and he might have made the cut.  

He's made 2 cuts since 2010 and none since 2014. Must be getting a bad draw every year.

The last time he made top 20 was the year he won it. 

I've personally no problem with the former champions playing but let's not pretend he's competitive. 

With the "invitation" system that they use at Augusta, Sandy playing or not playing has no effect on anybody except him. Nobody else gets in if he sits it out.

Top 50 in the World Rankings who haven't already been invited by another route get the nod, MacIntyre was heading in the right direction before Covid halted everything. He was back up to 63rd last week after winning in Cyprus.

Cheers for clearing that up. Am right in saying the field was smaller than normal this week?

Cheers for clearing that up. Am right in saying the field was smaller than normal this week?
You would think that woukd be the case, but it wasn't. 93 players this year compared to 87 last year and in 2018. Every qualification spot was filled except that of Olympic Gold Medallist. 17 ex Champions sat it out including Garcia, while Joaquin Niemann also missed out with Covid.