Golfers Thread

Gaz

It doesn't appear as though the standard has been great today. Probably part due to the conditions and partly because 7 rounds in 5 days is too much for these elite athletes. 
Tbf, if they got the finger out and played a bit quicker they could have spent hours less on the course.

9 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
38 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
It doesn't appear as though the standard has been great today. Probably part due to the conditions and partly because 7 rounds in 5 days is too much for these elite athletes. 

Tbf, if they got the finger out and played a bit quicker they could have spent hours less on the course.

There's nowhere to hide it when there is only two matches to show. I'm fairly certain I'll end up nodding off during Billy's pre-shot routine at some point. 

Lot of talk about what can or should be done to speed up play.

One for me right away is to ban green books, players spend ages consulting the book then go an read the putt anyway. Reading the green is a skill that any respectable pro should be able to do without a notebook.

Kuchar 3 up on Perez.

7 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Lot of talk about what can or should be done to speed up play.

One for me right away is to ban green books, players spend ages consulting the book then go an read the putt anyway. Reading the green is a skill that any respectable pro should be able to do without a notebook.

Kuchar 3 up on Perez.

Totally agree with this. It's utter nonsense that they are allowed. The biggest change would come about if a big name was given one warning and then a two shot penalty for every further indiscretion. 

11 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
17 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
Dundee's  France's Victor Perez looking like he'll be back in the clubhouse soon. 

Sore one for him, sure they said earlier 3rd spot would have got him a temporary Tour card.

The commute from Dundee would've gotten too much. 

Looking like game over in the final. Just as well really because if this went to the 18th they'd be finishing it tomorrow at this rate.