Golfers Thread

Gaz

17 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Is this tournament Bob is playing in on TV anywhere? On one of the Yank channels?

I think the Golf Channel show a couple of hours of action before switching to the main PGA Tour event. Unless there’s some sort of stream somewhere I can’t see it being televised throughout the night when there’s an actual PGA event on but I may be wrong.

10 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Fantastic opening round of 4 under by Scotland's Louise Duncan at the Women's Open to sit one off the lead.

Not really a big golf fan but went to Carnoustie to watch it for about 5 hours today, was really impressed with these women they were excellent they can hit some distance and very good around and on the greens. Really enjoyed it and didn't feel the need to shout "get in the hole" with their tee shots.

Edited by keptie

The bold Bryson has had only 2 pars through 12 holes today. Two double bogeys and currently 2 over and tied 90th. Lovely stuff.
He's now had 7 birdies and sits +1 well into the back nine [emoji23]

Finished Even with 9 birdies. Hope he misses the cut by a shot tbh [emoji23]

47 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

He's now had 7 birdies and sits +1 well into the back nine emoji23.png

Finished Even with 9 birdies. Hope he misses the cut by a shot tbh emoji23.png

2 pars in 18 holes. 🤣

He clearly has talent but his strategic play is absolutely shocking. Periodically it all comes together for him but he's never far from an absolute f**k up. Long may it continue.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

2 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Bob eventually missed the cut by 2 shots.

Could be a decent payday for this guy if Lexi Thompson can have a good finish at Carnoustie.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/lexi-thompson-aig-womens-golf-carnoustie-local-caddie/amp?__twitter_impression=true

If I've read correctly the Korn Ferry final is a 3 event mini order of merit so he's going to need a couple of big finishes in the other two now. 

In other news, Henrik Larsson is right in the thick of it in the European Tour. I wonder if he'll do the old tongue out celebration if he wins. 

Played Kingsbarns and The Dukes last week on my little trip east. The Dukes was a cracking set up but we made a mistake not taking a buggy out, some mammoth walks between some of the tees. When we first got there we were asking why every group seemed to be taking a buggy but once we got a few holes in we realised why. Liked the course and would go back again in the future, but nothing spectacular. 

Kingsbarns on the other hand is now the best course I’ve ever played. Everything about it was just special, massively helped by me playing the best golf I’ve ever played for the majority of the round. I lost a ball left off the first tee and took a 7, and I was starting to curse myself turning up at another brilliant course and playing like a doo, but I couldn’t have been more wrong. Stuck one to about 6 feet on the par 3 2nd and got a birdie, then missed a 4 footer for birdie on the 3rd which is a par 5 along the coast line. 5 iron off the tee, 5 iron to about 100 yards then a pitching wedge that rolled up a backstop at the back of the green and finished 4 feet away, which I missed, but I was still over the moon with the par. I’m off 23 just now and was the high handicapper of the group but I was playing like the low man. Finished with an 83 which is 6 shots better than I’ve scored at any other course, ever :lol: .  I think my course handicap for Kingsbarns was 26 so it would have been 12 under gross. 

Edited by IrishBhoy

Just now, IrishBhoy said:

Played Kingsbarns and The Dukes last week on my little trip east. The Dukes was a cracking set up but we made a mistake not taking a buggy out, some mammoth walks between some of the tees. When we first got there we were asking why every group seemed to be taking a buggy but once we got a few holes in we realised why. Liked the course and would go back again in the future, but nothing spectacular. 

Kingsbarns on the other hand is now the best course I’ve ever played. Everything about it was just special, massively helped by me playing the best golf I’ve ever played for the majority of the round. I lost a ball left off the first tee and took a 7, and I was started to curse myself turning up at another brilliant course and playing like a doo, but I couldn’t have been more wrong. Stuck one to about 6 feet on the par 3 2nd and got a birdie, then missed a 4 footer for birdie on the 3rd which is a par 5 along the coast line. 5 iron off the tee, 5 iron to about 100 yards then a pitching wedge that rolled up a backstop at the back of the green and finished 4 feet away, which I missed, but I was still over the moon with the par. I’m off 23 just now and was the high handicapper of the group but I was playing like the low man. Finished with an 83 which is 6 shots better than I’ve scored at any other course, ever :lol: .  I think my course handicap for Kingsbarns was 26 so it would have been 12 under gross. 

I'm not really a fan of the Dukes. Bit of a slog. 

Great playing at Kingsbarns. Well played.

Still to play there, need to do something about that.

24 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

Kingsbarns on the other hand is now the best course I’ve ever played. Everything about it was just special, massively helped by me playing the best golf I’ve ever played for the majority of the round. I lost a ball left off the first tee and took a 7, and I was started to curse myself turning up at another brilliant course and playing like a doo, but I couldn’t have been more wrong. Stuck one to about 6 feet on the par 3 2nd and got a birdie, then missed a 4 footer for birdie on the 3rd which is a par 5 along the coast line. 5 iron off the tee, 5 iron to about 100 yards then a pitching wedge that rolled up a backstop at the back of the green and finished 4 feet away, which I missed, but I was still over the moon with the par. I’m off 23 just now and was the high handicapper of the group but I was playing like the low man. Finished with an 83 which is 6 shots better than I’ve scored at any other course, ever :lol: .  I think my course handicap for Kingsbarns was 26 so it would have been 12 under gross. 

First time I played the dukes we walked I actually think we got lost a couple of times trying to find the next tee,I seem to remember taking the wrong fork a couple of times especially at the 2nd were we came out halfway down the fairway