Golfers Thread

Gaz

4 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Fascinating battle between the Scandinavians at the top of the board. Doesn’t look like Georgia Hall’s 11 under will be enough to keep her in the mix. Another great round from Louise Duncan, composed and assured pretty much all the way round. Hopefully we’ll see a lot more of her after this performance.

If this was any other course, you'd be pretty sure Hall was out of it. Not at Carnoustie until someone walks off the 18th at -12

If this was any other course, you'd be pretty sure Hall was out of it. Not at Carnoustie until someone walks off the 18th at -12

Hope you’re right, a 3-4 way tie would provide a great finish to what’s been a really enjoyable contest over the 4 days.

3 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:
11 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:
Thought it had gone OB for a second. Brutal.
Great day for Dundee United, pumped the fermers and now Hamish's daughter in law wins the Open. Lovely.

I'd forgotten she was Kev McAlpine's OH. Some player in his own right.

No wonder martin laird missed the cut in the northern trust if his caddie took the week off ( quite right too) 

Played Castle Stuart today, absolutely loved it. Shot nett 5 under, and left at least 4/5 shots out there with some shocking misses on short putts and a lost ball on 18 when going for the green with no good reason. Some place though, one of my favourite courses I’ve played.

Played Castle Stuart today, absolutely loved it. Shot nett 5 under, and left at least 4/5 shots out there with some shocking misses on short putts and a lost ball on 18 when going for the green with no good reason. Some place though, one of my favourite courses I’ve played.

Great course.
Playing Nairn Dunbar, Nairn and Boat of Garten later this week

2 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Friend of mine played it a couple of years ago and raved about it. I’ve seen a video with one of those YouTube bloggers playing it and it does look excellent. Did it used to be quite difficult to get a tee time on it, a couple of years ago? I just had a peek on their website and see they are wanting £180 for visitors if your a Scottish Golf member, I actually thought it would have been more expensive that that considering how highly regarded it is. 

2 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

Friend of mine played it a couple of years ago and raved about it. I’ve seen a video with one of those YouTube bloggers playing it and it does look excellent. Did it used to be quite difficult to get a tee time on it, a couple of years ago? I just had a peek on their website and see they are wanting £180 for visitors if your a Scottish Golf member, I actually thought it would have been more expensive that that considering how highly regarded it is. 

Not sure where you’re looking but it’s £120 for Scottish Golf member/Scottish resident. It’s absolutely worth that for me.

Probably would be difficult to get a tee time pre-Covid as I think the Americans love it, but got one easily for today.

2 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Not sure where you’re looking but it’s £120 for Scottish Golf member/Scottish resident. It’s absolutely worth that for me.

Probably would be difficult to get a tee time pre-Covid as I think the Americans love it, but got one easily for today.

It said 120/180 on the website I assumed the 120 was off season. That’s even better then, although a bit of trek for me. Definitely one on the list when I venture north. 

Aaron Rai, Matthias Schwab and Lucas Herbert all won themselves a PGA Tour card with a top 5 finish at the Boise Open in the Korn Ferry Tour playoffs. For Bob MacIntyre and the rest of the European Tour hopefuls it's onwards to the Nationwide Children's Hospital Championship in Columbus Ohio to try again.

32 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Aaron Rai, Matthias Schwab and Lucas Herbert all won themselves a PGA Tour card with a top 5 finish at the Boise Open in the Korn Ferry Tour playoffs. For Bob MacIntyre and the rest of the European Tour hopefuls it's onwards to the Nationwide Children's Hospital Championship in Columbus Ohio to try again.

I've tried reading up on how the finals work. It's a complicated system but as far as I can tell, missing the cut in first event really leaves you up against it in the final two.

My dad informed me that he's going to get fitted for new irons for his birthday, meaning that his full set of irons and wedges will be making their way into my bag soon after. We were standing in his garage looking at his clubs last night and I managed to talk him into getting a new rescue club and a new 3 wood, so I should hopefully snare them from him as well :lol: 

I've tried reading up on how the finals work. It's a complicated system but as far as I can tell, missing the cut in first event really leaves you up against it in the final two.
Aye, it's not easy to qualify once you miss a cut, and it's also not easy to find the standings online. Seen another article since the first one I read that says Rai has secured his card, with thd other two "likely" to have done enough to get theirs.