Golfers Thread

Gaz

28 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Another missed cut for Bob, no chance of him getting on the Ryder Cup team now, if there ever realistically was one. Watching Poulter last week it sounded like he knows he is getting one of the wildcard picks. Can see Harrington going with Garcia and one of Stenson or Rose for the other two.

Poulter is an absolute certainty for a pick and rightly so. Garcia will be in too.  Not convinced by either Rose or Stenson on current form but suspect one of them will make it.

#

9 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

What’s the consequences of Boab not getting a card on this Korn Ferry thing? Is he back to the European Tour with the odd PGA invitation? Obviously he’s already qualified for the Masters, but does he still need to perform well enough for the US Open and PGA? 

We actually bumped into him on the course when we were playing the Ailsa at Turnberry a couple of months back, got a selfie with him and he spoke away for a couple of minutes. Just comes across like a very very normal guy, almost seemed embarrassed that we had recognised him and asked for a picture. Weirdly, a couple of nights later I was at the driving range in Clydebank and he walked past me there as well :lol: think he was doing a video for one of his sponsors. He was everywhere I turned for a couple of days. 

Yeah unless he pulls something miraculous out of the bag next week he'll be back on the European Tour and he'll just need to try and push on through there for now. 

I believe the entry list for the USPGA and US open isn't quite as strict as the top 50 but it's not going to be easy keeping himself up there with the depth there is in world golf. 

Gleneagles was glorious as you would expect. Didn't really start playing until after my splendid pint of T at the halfway house. Eagled the short 14th with a 60ft putt. St Michael's thsi morning was in great nick too, some great wee holes on the back 9. Brilliant weekend  only ruined by rushing back for the footy today🙈

Ended up playing in the medal today after the Petershill v East Kilbride game was put off, after our team bus to Kirriemuir last week resembled a plague ship with a large number of Covid cases from it.

Hit an 89 nett 70 (-1) and for the first time in what feels like forever had nothing worse than a 6 on my card.

8 hours ago, kilMARKnock said:

Gleneagles was glorious as you would expect. Didn't really start playing until after my splendid pint of T at the halfway house. Eagled the short 14th with a 60ft putt. St Michael's thsi morning was in great nick too, some great wee holes on the back 9. Brilliant weekend  only ruined by rushing back for the footy today🙈

I’ve only played the PGA at Gleneagles but the Kings and the Queens are on the list. The halfway house on the PGA was a highlight for me as well, a menu and a phone beside the 9th tee to let you place your order and your food and drinks delivered to you as you walk off the green. 

Bernd Weisberger's Ryder Cup chances might have just been literally sunk on the 18th at the Omega Masters in Switzerland. 
Yep, could be a very sore one for him.

Great finish from Calum Hill with 4 birdies in his last 5 holes to close with a 66 and move up to T7th.

1 minute ago, peasy23 said:

Yep, could be a very sore one for him.

Great finish from Calum Hill with 4 birdies in his last 5 holes to close with a 66 and move up to T7th.

He'd have moved inside the automatic qualification places with a win. Still two events left but he'll need to pick himself up quickly from that. 

I was delighted to see Hjogaard win until I remembered I transferred him out of my fantasy team in the last window... 

He'd have moved inside the automatic qualification places with a win. Still two events left but he'll need to pick himself up quickly from that. 
I was delighted to see Hjogaard win until I remembered I transferred him out of my fantasy team in the last window... 
I shipped Wiesberger out for Victor Perez a while back.

Got cut after yesterday from 18.4 to 17.7.

Looking at my record my 8 counting scores on my record are 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 15, 17 and 19, with a huge amount of dross in between 6 and 15. Running out of chances to play this year to try and get another couple of decent scores in with the football back on a Saturday.

Target at the start of the year was to get down into division 2.