Golfers Thread

Gaz

Your wee bro is getting some amount of retweets absolutely cracking video

Aye, it’s class. I made him send it to me as soon as we’d all calmed down so I could fire it round to all my mates. Lot of jealousy in the replies I was getting [emoji23]

2 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Fair enough. I've met hundreds of pros of every level and those three are the three they talk about. Also Dornoch gets good press. But fair enough I'm not positioned to police your opinion.

Never played either of those but Pitreavie I've been meaning to get to for a while just not got round to it.

Also Lundin is good, well worth a visit. Leven next door too.

I don't know where you live but I played a course in Glasgow once called East Renfrew and it was excellent. Would highly recommend. Very friendly too.

Dunfermline Golf Club (Pitfirrane) is a nice course. (not too easy!)

Forgot to add, one of the absolute highlights yesterday was bumping in to some pals from Dornoch. I’m they’d met Henrik Stenson first thing, got photos and autographs and one of them absentmindedly asked him what time he was out at:

“I didn’t make the cut” [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] pal said he’d never been so mortified in his life. Said big Henk just laughed at him when he realised he wasn’t taking the piss

The jealousy is unreal from these types. It’s a bit weird because you don’t seem to get it from people at Troon, Muirfield etc. 
Tbf, St Andrews as a place is fucking reeking of entitled Toryism. Carnoustie is a fairly standard, ordinary coastal town that gets the big-time circus every once in a while.

1 minute ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Mate I caddied full time for over a decade. You get a club pro once a week. I've also done the dunhill about a dozen times and a handful of pro tournaments.

Again, 😂😂😂

Sit down you absolute fantasist. 

14 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Mate I caddied full time for over a decade. You get a club pro once a week. I've also done the dunhill about a dozen times and a handful of pro tournaments.

Aye, and photographic evidence exists of you caddying for the last bloke who told you his favourite course was the Old Course.

48834FC3-1BDB-433A-8F4B-90AAE42E2806.jpeg

Just realised the ‘strike meter’ isn’t the worst development this week. It’s been trumped by ‘Mic’ed up’…

’About 150?’

’Yeah 150’.

’Aim at the camera tower?’

’Yeah, aim at the camera tower’.

’OK’.

’OK, put a hit on it’.

Brilliant stuff. 😎

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Just realised the ‘strike meter’ isn’t the worst development this week. It’s been trumped by ‘Mic’ed up’…

’About 150?’

’Yeah 150’.

’Aim at the camera tower?’

’Yeah, aim at the camera tower’.

’OK’.

’OK, put a hit on it’.

Brilliant stuff. 😎

It also caught Poulter giving some great banter yesterday about how a younger guy hits it further than him.

Lads

Fair enough. I've met hundreds of pros of every level and those three are the three they talk about. Also Dornoch gets good press. But fair enough I'm not positioned to police your opinion.
Never played either of those but Pitreavie I've been meaning to get to for a while just not got round to it.
I don't know where you live but I played a course in Glasgow once called East Renfrew and it was excellent. Would highly recommend. Very friendly too.
Royal Dornoch is probably the best course in Scotland.

14 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
1 hour ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Royal Dornoch is probably the best course in Scotland.

I played it in perfect conditions and it’s a top quality course, but there’s a few I’d have in front of it. Turnberry is streets ahead of anything I’ve played. It’s a shame that it’s not getting back onto the rota any time soon because compared to some of the stalwart open venues like Troon & Birkdale it’s miles better as a course.