Golfers Thread

Gaz

Just now, lichtie23 said:

That was slightly off line from Ramsay 

Set up for a fade but needed about a 50 yard fade on that line ...but first out so nobody on the other fairway to hit 

8 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Front 9 is meant to be the easiest to make a score on according to all the reports nice to see nobody ripping it apart so far 

Looks like a few tucked pins on that front 9.

11 hours ago, Disco Duck said:

The Castle is the best of the other Links Trust courses for me.  Crail is great fun, and Elie is reasonably close and quite high up my list.

ETA - Kingsbarns and Dumbarnie are both sensational, but at a very different price point!

Played kingsbarns a couple of years back for my 30th - Middle of October and managed to get an absolute scorcher, best golfing experience ive had.

Remember during the add breaks to think of Peter Alliss telling us about the centenary of Eastern Mombasa Golf Club and his friends Jack and Victor Piblington

Course is looking superb under the steerage of my friend, course manager at Hoylake, James Bledge. A good doonhamer, queens fan and all round great guy. A couple of my mates are lucky enough to be working the open this week. 

38 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

The first fairway seems to be quite a elusive target from what I've seen so far.

Yup.  Just been watching for an hour, loads of left misses - the only player I've seen ripping it straight down the middle was some guy called B. MacIntyre.