Golfers Thread

Gaz

Talking of ‘good guy / w**k’ reminded me of the biggest w****r I ever played with. True story - a fellow member at Lochwinnoch GC back in the day. He, who shall remain nameless, was such a w**k that your heart sank if you were drawn with him in a medal. Anyway, I got drawn with him in a medal, early tee time. The third guy in our group was a new member, out playing for his handicap. First hole at Lochwinnoch is a Par 4, dogleg right to left. Course boundary fence running the entire length of the hole on the right. We all tee off, decent drives up to the corner of the dogleg. Mr w****r takes out a three iron, cuts his second shot right out of the course. Slams the club back into his bag, announces loudly ‘right, enough of this shite’, and without saying another word, turned around and walked in - back down the first fairway after two shots. Left me with steam spewing out my ears apologising to the new member, assuring him we weren’t all like that at the club. Never seen anything like it before or since. Anyone encounter similar levels of utter bawbaggery on a golf course?

The best though is that the kunt got drummed out of the club later that year for getting bevvied at a club function and aimed a left hook at another member. 😎

15 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

My list of acceptable Americans is pretty short. 

Spieth, Fowler, Homa, Joel Dahmen, don't mind Zalatoris and DJ. That's it. Sadly, even a few of them are as slow as Cantlay. 

Homa, Fowler, Horschel, Koepka, Finau, Theegala, DJ (of those at the Open just now)

ETA - Scheffler as well

Edited by Disco Duck

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Talking of ‘good guy / w**k’ reminded me of the biggest w****r I ever played with. True story - a fellow member at Lochwinnoch GC back in the day. He, who shall remain nameless, was such a w**k that your heart sank if you were drawn with him in a medal. Anyway, I got drawn with him in a medal, early tee time. The third guy in our group was a new member, out playing for his handicap. First hole at Lochwinnoch is a Par 4, dogleg right to left. Course boundary fence running the entire length of the hole on the right. We all tee off, decent drives up to the corner of the dogleg. Mr w****r takes out a three iron, cuts his second shot right out of the course. Slams the club back into his bag, announces loudly ‘right, enough of this shite’, and without saying another word, turned around and walked in - back down the first fairway after two shots. Left me with steam spewing out my ears apologising to the new member, assuring him we weren’t all like that at the club. Never seen anything like it before or since. Anyone encounter similar levels of utter bawbaggery on a golf course?

The best though is that the kunt got drummed out of the club later that year for getting bevvied at a club function and aimed a left hook at another member. 😎

I played with a former European Tour pro a few years ago, and after all the polite chat we very quickly got to the “right, who are the absolute bellends on tour”.  Paul Casey’s name came up pretty quickly!

7 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Screenshot_20230721_175102_Google.jpg

2 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

I played with a former European Tour pro a few years ago, and after all the polite chat we very quickly got to the “right, who are the absolute bellends on tour”.  Paul Casey’s name came up pretty quickly!

I played in a pro-am once where a guy I played with was a pretty highly regarded R&A referee, who had refereed Ryder Cup matches in the USA. He told me that after the matches, the entire European team, with caddies, would sink a few beers together and go over the day’s events. He said the USA team all fcuked off to do their own thing. No team spirit or team attitude at all. He said that the Europeans were a pretty tight group.

9 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I played in a pro-am once where a guy I played with was a pretty highly regarded R&A referee, who had refereed Ryder Cup matches in the USA. He told me that after the matches, the entire European team, with caddies, would sink a few beers together and go over the day’s events. He said the USA team all fcuked off to do their own thing. No team spirit or team attitude at all. He said that the Europeans were a pretty tight group.

The American approach has certainly changed over the last few years, especially with all the younger guys like Spieth, Fowler, Thomas, etc all being mates off the course

31 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

A workmate has a pathological hatred of Casey stemming from the last time the Open was at Turnberry. He was there early in the week for one of the practice days with his boy who was 11 or 12 at the time. He had bought a flag to collect autographs and every player he asked signed it, except Casey.