Golfers Thread

Gaz

Apologies if this wee piece on Michael Stewart making the cut has been posted already.  -1 is a great score for the lad and hope he keeps it up today:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/66263737

Couldn't get the red button earlier - Sky's early programme with almost no actual golf, preferring to show idiotic chat, golf shots by a cricketer (?) with a cricket bat and Radar doing stupid voices was eye-bleeding stuff.

38 minutes ago, Herc said:

You have to think Harman is already on or just short of a winning total already. He's obviously won a few times before, but he's 0/5 for 36 hole leads. 

Hopefully he falls away today ( nothing against him) to bring loads into it and we could have an all time classic 2mr the way the course is playing 

2 hours ago, Disco Duck said:

DeChambeau had a lot of issues with slow play which drives me mad.  There was a pretty astonishing outburst at a cameraman on a Tour event, where he had a bit of a moment after a bad shot and them said they need to stop filming him to “protect the brand”.

I think a big part of the dislike for me is that in bulking up and going for distance, he attracted a lot of fellow roid rage fans at events.  American fans (gross generality) can be arseholes at the best of times but his were the worst.

The gym bro types? 
BDC comes across like a total dobber. 

2 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

Golf influencer!

Are you talking about that Ella c**t they had on from Instagram? She was the lassie when asked last year “have you ever been to an Open before” and she replied yes…..the woman’s open. 

4 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Big warm up as always…. Get there twenty minutes before tee time, ponder if a last-minute lavvy trip is in order, strap clubs to trolley, hit six practice putts, march to first tee to have three practice swings before attempting to channel my inner McIlroy….

None of that fancy dan professional game proper preparation for me. No sir. 😜

Warming up is tantamount to cheating and should be banned forthwith.

The truest test of golf is teeing up on the morning of an outing with a stinking hangover, having 4 or 5 pints at lunch, and still scoring more than 60 stableford points for the day...

2 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

The amount of morons among the spectators this year must be the worst ever at an open. 

I just can't understand the fact that these are people who have clearly seen/heard American fannies doing these awful shouts, and instead of thinking "I hope lightning hits the person who shouted that" thinks "I'm going to go the The Open and shout THAYS A SPICY MEATBALL just as someone tees off"