Golfers Thread

Gaz

6 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Mate it’s perfect. Give it a bash with the wee lass. He never moans about having to walk or anything. He does have a habit of telling my wife as soon as we get home how many times Iv been in the water or “the big field”

We were actually watching the Open together a few weeks ago and someone hit into the bunker. I said to him “oh no that shot went into the sand” he replied “your ball doesn’t go in the sand daddy”

At this point I was sitting all smug thinking my boy must think I’m a decent player. He then followed it up with “Yours go’s in the long grass and we can’t find it”

Wee p***k 🤬

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Need to visit this thread more often. After a couple of poor years game is coming back to me this season, handicap is down to 8.4 from 14.3.

Played in the open at Kirkcaldy on Saturday, course was IMO in piss poor condition however I played reasonably well and for the 1st time this year didn't put a 6 on the card, no birdies but 10 pars and 8 bogey's for a 79 net 69, only good enough for 9th place but gave me my 13th cut of the season. Just checking the app and my 8 green scores are in my last 10 rounds, won't be going up again this year.

1 hour ago, JamesP_81 said:

Sold ! Are you on commission ? 🤣 Got a few of my old junior clubs in the car from when I was up at my dad's the other weekend , might get them down the range to get the basics down with them then take them out there a morning 👍

Yes! Absolutely ideal! I wish i still had my wee set of fazer clubs. Ive been looking at sets, the new ones for kids are proper pricey, but il get him a decent second hand set. My lad loves it, he had 40 yards or something on the last go golfit tee and hit it to the fringe of the green, was delighted with him! 

58 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

I read the review by one of Bunkered's journos and he said the greens were nothing short of magnificent. 

Will get up for a game soon, intrigued to see what bits of the original course they have kept.

I didnt want to be accused of being outrageous but the quality of the greens, the first in particular, was up there with any american golf course ive played and puts my home club to shame. The only course i can say ive played where the greens were better was when I played Gleneagles in the april before the Ryder cup in 2014. They’ve spent a fortune on it and i think its going to pay off. 

This sounds like the ideal place to start the kids, my two girls have been nipping at me to come to the golf with me, neither have hit a ball in their life so might get them up the range there with a view to eventually getting out on the course especially if you can hire clubs as I'm reluctant to buy them anything as can't stick to a glue factory! 

Well Carnoustie was in great condition…..but my golf was awful. As Iv said it was windy but that doesn’t excuse just how bad I was. As it should you get penalised for finding the sand. I found 5 bunkers and took 2 to get out of 3 of them. Actually felt quite emotional at one point because I wanted to play well on an “Open” venue and was stinking up the place. Ah well

IMG_7819.jpeg

IMG_7821.jpeg

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

Well Carnoustie was in great condition…..but my golf was awful. As Iv said it was windy but that doesn’t excuse just how bad I was. As it should you get penalised for finding the sand. I found 5 bunkers and took 2 to get out of 3 of them. Actually felt quite emotional at one point because I wanted to play well on an “Open” venue and was stinking up the place. Ah well

IMG_7819.jpeg

IMG_7821.jpeg

looks cracking mate, great day for it as well it seems

6 hours ago, Albertlegend said:

This sounds like the ideal place to start the kids, my two girls have been nipping at me to come to the golf with me, neither have hit a ball in their life so might get them up the range there with a view to eventually getting out on the course especially if you can hire clubs as I'm reluctant to buy them anything as can't stick to a glue factory! 

They’ll give kids clubs for free to play around with so you wont even have to hire them. Its £10 for an adult and £5 for the kids. Get them off the golfit star shaped tees, most holes for them will be about 30-50 yards and us adults get normal sized tee yardages, great mix. 

1 hour ago, MP_MFC said:

Anyone else had their Open ballot email?

I've got tickets for the Monday practice and the Friday.

Yeah, I applied for dad being the nice daughter I am. Except I didn't quiet realise you'd have to buy everything your balloted for and now have £770 of tickets.

13 minutes ago, RH33 said:

Yeah, I applied for dad being the nice daughter I am. Except I didn't quiet realise you'd have to buy everything your balloted for and now have £770 of tickets.

I am in a similar situation.

As it stands, I will be in attendance every day except Sunday

14 minutes ago, RH33 said:

Do they expect instant payment? 

Just now, lichtie23 said:

How long do you have to decide? Might give you enough time to punt them to pals/family/colleagues 

It's fine. Dad's brother got Thursday ones so I'll just let them lapse.