Golfers Thread

Gaz

7 hours ago, Ignoramus said:

That’s a pretty dismal effort from Bob today. I know he wanted to build up some momentum ahead of next week but playing a tough golf course in poor conditions was not the best choice and it’s ended up possibly having the opposite effect from what is desired.

I could see him getting a run out in the Friday fourballs next week and that might be it until Sunday unfortunately.

Aye it looks like a poor decision now.

I've always felt Bob wouldn't play in the foursomes. I think he'll feature in the Friday fourballs and depending how that goes may or may not feature in  the Saturday fourballs. With the right partner he could be very good in the 4 balls but he really is a "confidence player".

23 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Aye it looks like a poor decision now.

I've always felt Bob wouldn't play in the foursomes. I think he'll feature in the Friday fourballs and depending how that goes may or may not feature in  the Saturday fourballs. With the right partner he could be very good in the 4 balls but he really is a "confidence player".

Have to agree, felt Bob is too streaky for foursomes and would leave his partner in trouble too often. I fear he'll only get two games now, unless he plays really well on Friday and gets a second crack at the fourballs on Saturday. I know he has given his reasons, but I was very surprised that he chose to play, I would have thought the more experienced guys would have been telling him to have a week off and chill. He's just put himself under even more pressure by playing so badly, today especially. 

Screenshot_20230922_201337_X.jpg