Golfers Thread

Gaz

16 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

His putting is wild. Tour pro standard tee to green, 15 handicapper with the flat stick.

I have often been described as the opposite....well a 20 handicap golfer but scratch putter. (I play off 8 currently) I am a pretty rubbish ball striker, hit it a fair bit shorter than my pals but manage to maintain my handicap with my short game.  My putting isnt quite the standard it was say 5 years ago (used to go lots of rounds without a three putt) but that has been compensated by better chipping - bump and run with 8 iron being my partiular speciality. Have had the same putter for 35 years - never considered changing it

5 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Pushed back to midnight and 11 past midnight due to the delays. 

Damn guess I'll catch the highlights in the morning then 

40 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Another missed cut for Bob

And another week where his putting has massively cost him. That’s 3 missed cuts in a row now and it’s all been down to some horrific putting. I have no idea who his coach is but if I was him I’d be leaning on my Ryder Cup team mates for advice and getting on the blower to Brad Faxon. 

For a bit of context regarding the putting - he only holed 72ft worth of putts today which is an average of 4ft per hole 🤮

9 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I’m not surprised, I’ve seen videos of folk scrapping and all sorts. The biggest cringe event of the year, it makes LIV look classy.

If you make arsehole behaviour your USP, you really have no right to complain when it goes to far. It's a self fulfilling prophecy, especially in the social media age where everyone is desperate to be filmed being the biggest arsehole.