Golfers Thread

Gaz

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Play suspended on the DP Tour with just a few groups still on the course but Syme has another top 10 in the bag. 

Some turnaround by Matteo Manassero, he'd dropped as far as playing on the Alps tour in 2020, a level below the Challenge Tour. 

10 hours ago, peasy23 said:

It's an all Scottish pairing for Bob as he is out with Victor Perez at 15.25, Laird out 20 minutes earlier with Cody Gribble.

Bobs stood still at evens on the 17th But big Vic has just chipped in and is -7 for the day 1 off the lead 

39 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Bobs stood still at evens on the 17th But big Vic has just chipped in and is -7 for the day 1 off the lead 

Bob finishes 11 under Laird 14 under and Vic finishes -18 1 off the leaders and they are on the 15th 

1 hour ago, doulikefish said:

Bob finishes 11 under Laird 14 under and Vic finishes -18 1 off the leaders and they are on the 15th 

That’s a top 10 for Laird. Good effort. 
Connor Syme finished 8th in DP event in South Africa. That’s 3 top 10 finishes in a  row for him. A good run of form. 

13 hours ago, Tartan Dave said:

That was a sensational display by Scheffler. Hope he's not got the putter totally dialled otherwise it could become pretty boring

He's that rare thing - a genuinely brilliant golfer who just isn't fun to watch.

I fear this year could be a borefest with SS and Wyndham Clark winning a lot.  Fingers crossed for some really bad weather at Troon.

16 hours ago, Tartan Dave said:

That was a sensational display by Scheffler. Hope he's not got the putter totally dialled otherwise it could become pretty boring

Some pretty obvious changes, the clearest being that he has his eyes right over the ball now. 

7 hours ago, VictorOnopko said:

He's that rare thing - a genuinely brilliant golfer who just isn't fun to watch.

I fear this year could be a borefest with SS and Wyndham Clark winning a lot.  Fingers crossed for some really bad weather at Troon.

I do agree with the exception of this week. I've found the putting to be a fascinating watch and quite enjoyed seeing him get it all to click. However, I hope it is up and down as it would get boring fast if he's always good at it 

2 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Tee times for the players

https://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/2024/the-players-championship/R2024011/tee-times

Laird off 130 from the 1st Bob off 10 mins later from the 10th

Could do with a decent finish, he's going the wrong way on the OWGR. Currently tied 70th having been 57th at the start of the year.

10 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Could do with a decent finish, he's going the wrong way on the OWGR. Currently tied 70th having been 57th at the start of the year.

Yip he needs a week 

14 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

I love the Players and really excited to watch as much as possible 

I concur, one of the best events on the calendar and this is the most excited I’ve been for a weekend of golf since the Ryder Cup. Great to have a couple of Scots to cheer for, hopefully both of them can make it into the weekend. 

Checked out the lads players record

Bob 1 Mc out of 1 appearance

Lairdy 8 Mc out of 14 appearances but best result T2 

So as sawgrass typically favours those that have played there a few times I'll have shiny £1 on top 20 finish for laird