Golfers Thread

Gaz

5 hours ago, VictorOnopko said:

I'm just over the water at Cowal and keep meaning to come over and play Routenburn - was the layout changed recently?

Yes, 17th has been shortened by about 100 yds , new green, and is now a par 4. Other than a few bunkers being filled in and turfed offer, that's it.

5 minutes ago, Smithers Jones said:

Yes, 17th has been shortened by about 100 yds , new green, and is now a par 4. Other than a few bunkers being filled in and turfed offer, that's it.

100 yards is quite the change 

Old School! Sky just went full Peter Alliss, BBC Open coverage, circa’ 1979 on us…. ‘it’s the centenary of Mufflewick Golf Club this year, why not go down and support Old Billy Chiswick and Betty Puddleduck as they organise tomorrow’s challenge match between Mufflewick and Old Todger GC. Betty’s sandwiches are top drawer. Always a good spread at Mufflewick… now, back to the action. Here’s Neil Coles and Brian Barnes on the 16th….

Ah, the good old days.

2 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Faldo has a huge amount of insight about playing Augusta but sadly he’s an absolute arsehole. 

I was just thinking this. I quite enjoy listening to him as he clearly knows his stuff when he is talking about the course etc but he’s the sort of bloke I’d despise if we were both in the pub having a pint at the same time.