Golfers Thread

Gaz

I know it’s mainly masters chat in here tonight but me and my brother got stuck on the course today behind a three ball of old boys that were losing at least one tee shot on every hole. Nothing wrong with that of course (we lost plenty of balls ourselves) but they insisted on spending 5 minutes looking for each lost ball and then sent the culprit back to the tee for stroke and distance relief.

Is this behaviour normal at all when not playing a competition? When playing a bounce round we normally just take a drop where we roughly think our shot went and add a penalty stroke. 

1 minute ago, JS_FFC said:

I know it’s mainly masters chat in here tonight but me and my brother got stuck on the course today behind a three ball of old boys that were losing at least one tee shot on every hole. Nothing wrong with that of course (we lost plenty of balls ourselves) but they insisted on spending 5 minutes looking for each lost ball and then sent the culprit back to the tee for stroke and distance relief.

Is this behaviour normal at all when not playing a competition? When playing a bounce round we normally just take a drop where we roughly think our shot went and add a penalty stroke. 

If it's a punt round that's major arsehole behaviour imo but they'd argue they are following rules 

1 minute ago, JS_FFC said:

If you think it might be lost hit another from the tee, if you walk down and can't find it drop one in a reasonable place.