Golfers Thread

Gaz

3 minutes ago, Groundhopping Adventures said:

Really need Scheffler at -6 if not -5 or he'll skoosh this tomorrow 

There go’s one shot. Hopefully he struggles up 18 as well 

7 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I don’t get this notion that Scheffler is a shoe in for this. He may well win it but a long way to go. 

Yeah I'm the same,the Ai robot can easily malfunction again much like he did at the 10/11 th ( Faldo on comms"when was the last time Scottie 3 putted?" Last week in Texas ya clown )

Hojgaard got a nose bleed but Aberg seems the most likely of the European young guns Anyone but Deroidbeau and fat dick reed to disappear in Rays creek 

Finally managed 18 holes in April yesterday - huge winds, 3 horrible squally showers and ridiculously soft and squelchy conditions.

It was bliss.

Why we were playing a competition off the medal tees I've no idea, though...

8 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I don’t get this notion that Scheffler is a shoe in for this. He may well win it but a long way to go. 

I think it's because he arguably hasn't had his best stuff this week, putter was shaky yesterday, he even missed a few greens - and yet when he'd dropped some shots (which he rarely does), he just rolls in an eagle putt on the 13th and he ends the day sole leader with almost everyone else making bad mistakes.

I thought he'd be further ahead by now but I'd still be really surprised if he doesn't win.  'Mon Morikawa or Aberg....

34 minutes ago, funky_nomad said:

Finally managed 18 holes in April yesterday - huge winds, 3 horrible squally showers and ridiculously soft and squelchy conditions.

It was bliss.

Why we were playing a competition off the medal tees I've no idea, though...

Score? 

19 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

I think it's because he arguably hasn't had his best stuff this week, putter was shaky yesterday, he even missed a few greens - and yet when he'd dropped some shots (which he rarely does), he just rolls in an eagle putt on the 13th and he ends the day sole leader with almost everyone else making bad mistakes.

I thought he'd be further ahead by now but I'd still be really surprised if he doesn't win.  'Mon Morikawa or Aberg....

Im Just relieved he’s not 3 or 4 clear and the Sunday would turn into a procession for him. It looks like i can watch it tonight with the chance of it being a competitive shootout. 

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

Score? 

It was a 4BBB and my partner was gash so I'm pleading the 5th there 😉 (he missed from 18 inches for a Magic 2, let's leave it at that...)

I played ok apart from 2 major abominations off the tee - reckon I'd have been close to buffer off my own ball, which was acceptable given the conditions.

I can see Morikawa winning this but I don’t think they’ll make the greens any easier today than yesterday. I doubt The Masters want to winner to be any more than -7 or -8 and it is the one weakness, if you can call it that, of Scheffler, is putting.

Would love Fleetwood to put in the round of his life to win but I doubt it. Have money on Homa at 50/1. Just hope it’s not a procession for one player. Always an anticlimax.