Golfers Thread

Gaz

Was just reading that it took Bob 25 minutes to get a ruling on Friday night when he was in the hospitality area, which then meant he had to play his final 2 holes in near darkness. He said the delay almost certainly caused one of his worst swings of the day on his 17th hole the par 3 8th, then he dropped another on the 9th.

On 18/05/2024 at 08:27, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Had a kid free night so took in a bit of evening golf, ive never played worse but it was glorious weather. 

IMG_3759.jpeg

7th at the Carrick?  Must be playing really nicely atm with the dry weather.

35 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

7th at the Carrick?  Must be playing really nicely atm with the dry weather.

My favourite driving hole on the planet so far, love it, if you can carry the bunkers at the fairway with a draw and get the right kick off the hill you can leave yourself a wedge into the green. The outlook on that tee is honestly amazing (the tenth too). 

6 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

My favourite driving hole on the planet so far, love it, if you can carry the bunkers at the fairway with a draw and get the right kick off the hill you can leave yourself a wedge into the green. The outlook on that tee is honestly amazing (the tenth too). 

Yep, it's a cracker, both as a tee shot and the view of Ben Lomond.   I was a member there for a few years and enjoyed it a lot, although it ate me alive more often than not. Quite a lot of tough driving holes and the greens are tricky too.

1 hour ago, VictorOnopko said:

Yep, it's a cracker, both as a tee shot and the view of Ben Lomond.   I was a member there for a few years and enjoyed it a lot, although it ate me alive more often than not. Quite a lot of tough driving holes and the greens are tricky too.

One of the reasons i joined there besides the views and the course being full greens/no matts all year is the fact i think its a pretty tough test, every par four is over 350, most 390/400 par 3’s are a fair shot with water in play or using mid/long irons etc and when i go onto an easier course i play better. 

Posted (edited)

Just back from 18 holes at my club. Glorious. Tee sheet was dead as a dodo this afternoon, so went out on my lonesome at 2.30. One of those days you need to savour. Just me, no scorecard in my hand, no-one in front of me, no-one behind me. Just golf for no other reason than to go out and have a batter around, accompanied by nothing but the birds chirping and not another soul in sight. Took this photo from our 7th tee. I haven’t seen much better than the 7th at Kirkintilloch in the sun-shee-inee*. Great driving hole, and in the distance, the green, guarded by a pond in front, and no bail out left or right. Fantastic…. I got a 5. Happy with a 5 there all day, every day. Best bogey I’ll get out there.

*Copyright Liam Gallagher.

AD62E4F9-0BD4-425E-96C4-782F108730A2.jpeg

Edited by pozbaird

10 minutes ago, Groundhopping Adventures said:

Mon Boab. Bring the shinty techniques in today

season 1 starz GIF by Outlander

Is that video McIntyre walloping some American chunt who never shouted ‘fore!’ 😀

Let's see if my theory about tournament golf is true tonight Shite Round-start with a birdie ,Good Round-start with a bogey 

3 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Let's see if my theory about tournament golf is true tonight Shite Round-start with a birdie ,Good Round-start with a bogey 

Very close to my theory on my club tournament involvement…

Start with a birdie/par/bogey = shite round.

Start with a double bogey / triple bogey = completely shite round.

Start with three off the tee, carve the next shot OB, duff the next two and start with a no return = f**k this shite round.