Golfers Thread

Gaz

22 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Lottery win required......

20240529_084903.jpg

I’d want the full experience. Tour of the clubhouse, caddy, champions dinner menu the works. 

Guaranteed that sells out in around 56 seconds 

22 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Absolutely. I'm outraged. He should be serving 10 years on a chain gang.

Harsh. I’d just rather he had a curfew and wasn’t allowed out over the weekend 

Made it my aim this year to sort out my short game (currently off 21 and short game is the reason), headed out today to try a few things. Went out in 38 bangs, was absolutely buzzing and feeling on top of the world, played some lovely chips and putting was steady. Tee it up on the 12th and my driving decides to desert me, I fire one OB and one left into deep rough, hack it down the hole for a 9. From that point on I couldn't hit a fairway and came home in 51 bangs. f**k this game. 

On 29/05/2024 at 08:50, peasy23 said:

Lottery win required......

20240529_084903.jpg

intersting use of "We'd  donate 100%..." why not say we will donate....all sounds like we would donate 100% ....but in reality we won't.

It will be sold out quickly but to those big fat 33 handicap fat yanks to whom money is no object.  Augusta will then proclaim that their course is open to the genral public and anyone can play

18 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Made it my aim this year to sort out my short game (currently off 21 and short game is the reason), headed out today to try a few things. Went out in 38 bangs, was absolutely buzzing and feeling on top of the world, played some lovely chips and putting was steady. Tee it up on the 12th and my driving decides to desert me, I fire one OB and one left into deep rough, hack it down the hole for a 9. From that point on I couldn't hit a fairway and came home in 51 bangs. f**k this game. 

So 89 for a nett 68 doesnt sound too bad (and for handicap purposes that 9 will reduce too) Looks like you will be getting a cut....well done. If you had said you came back in 38 "bangs" I think you would be straying well into bandit territory.

I played on Tuesday and after a very poor start to the season which saw me go from 8.6 to 10.0....I had a very decent gross 77 which included my first ever level par 9 holes (back nine)

Unbelievably I had to google which was front nine and back nine - only played golf for 50 years and genuinely never fully understood which was which......I never drop it into conversation and usually say "last nine"...i will be talking about my front and back nine this weekend though (even if I have the 36 hole open at Moray on Saturday)

55 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

So 89 for a nett 68 doesnt sound too bad (and for handicap purposes that 9 will reduce too) Looks like you will be getting a cut....well done. If you had said you came back in 38 "bangs" I think you would be straying well into bandit territory.

I played on Tuesday and after a very poor start to the season which saw me go from 8.6 to 10.0....I had a very decent gross 77 which included my first ever level par 9 holes (back nine)

Unbelievably I had to google which was front nine and back nine - only played golf for 50 years and genuinely never fully understood which was which......I never drop it into conversation and usually say "last nine"...i will be talking about my front and back nine this weekend though (even if I have the 36 hole open at Moray on Saturday)

I was just out myself so never put a card in. I'm definitely not a 21 handicapper but I've always struggled with chipping and putting, I also tend to shit myself a bit playing off the whites in competitions. I know once I sort that out I'll be cut a bit.