Golfers Thread

Gaz

8 minutes ago, dave_binos said:

Unreal putting from Boab 😀

Six or so weeks back he didn’t look comfortable standing over a 6 foot putt, now he’s draining 40 and 50 feet putts left right and centre. Could see how his putting affected him at the Ryder Cup too, I imagine it’s something he’s been working hard on recently. A performance like this has been in the post for MacIntyre. 

Confident chip to leave himself a few feet for par on the 18th, can’t wait to see him out in the final group tomorrow. 

8 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

Six or so weeks back he didn’t look comfortable standing over a 6 foot putt, now he’s draining 40 and 50 feet putts left right and centre. Could see how his putting affected him at the Ryder Cup too, I imagine it’s something he’s been working hard on recently. A performance like this has been in the post for MacIntyre. 

Confident chip to leave himself a few feet for par on the 18th, can’t wait to see him out in the final group tomorrow. 

It will be some buzz tuning in to watch a Scotsman in the final pairing of a PGA event. Him and his old man look like they are having the time of their lives out there.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

It will be some buzz tuning in to watch a Scotsman in the final pairing of a PGA event. Him and his old man look like they are having the time of their lives out there.

It will, I really hope he gets over the line because it will do wonders for his confidence and could push his game to the next level. My only fear with having such a lead is how brutal it could be if he doesn’t win, we’ve seen better players than Bob get reeled in from 4 shots ahead, and the defeat at the Scottish Open last year really seemed to affect him. Let’s hope that doesn’t happen though, going by the past 3 days he looks like the winner. 

Edited by IrishBhoy

6 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Those last 5 holes were an absolute joy to watch. Superb stuff. 

I fell asleep when he was on the 13th tee 🤣

Utterly delighted to see he has a 4 shot lead as was fully expecting him to be 2 or 3 behind 

1 hour ago, dave_binos said:

In case anyone didn’t hear Iona last night, Bob is from Oban. 

It was refreshing to hear someone championing him and looking buzzing for him. The first couple hours of his round we had those daft yanks telling us how inexperienced he was and how nervous he looked. They were trying to create drama that just wasn’t there. He was just having his first tough run of holes since the tournament started and you’d have thought he was sitting in the corner shaking and shiting himself at the prospect of winning on the big bad PGA Tour. 

9 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

It will, I really hope he gets over the line because it will do wonders for his confidence and could push his game to the next level. My only fear with having such a lead is how brutal it could be if he doesn’t win, we’ve seen better players than Bob get reeled in from 4 shots ahead, and the defeat at the Scottish Open last year really seemed to affect him. Let’s hope that doesn’t happen though, going by the past 3 days he looks like the winner. 

It could be a very nervous watch but I cannot wait for tonight.  Thought it was all slipping away on the front 9 last night but the back 9 was absolutely superb. He has so much talent and his dad seems to be keeping him nicely grounded and making it fun.

PS does anyone in Scotland call him "Bobby Mac"? This seems to be a weird American variation.  I had to tell the Shotgun Start podcast that they were saying Oban wrong ("O-baaan") and to give them credit they mentioned it and now say "Ohh-ban", good lads. Yes, I am a pedant.

1 minute ago, VictorOnopko said:

It could be a very nervous watch but I cannot wait for tonight.  Thought it was all slipping away on the front 9 last night but the back 9 was absolutely superb. He has so much talent and his dad seems to be keeping him nicely grounded and making it fun.

PS does anyone in Scotland call him "Bobby Mac"? This seems to be a weird American variation.  I had to tell the Shotgun Start podcast that they were saying Oban wrong ("O-baaan") and to give them credit they mentioned it and now say "Ohh-ban", good lads. Yes, I am a pedant.

Bobby Mac is very much an american thing that seemed to stem from the Scottish Open last year.

The good thing is that they do seem to like him over there. Just goes to show what being a sound c**t will do for your public image.