Golfers Thread

Gaz

16 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

I’ll predict that’s a better choice than Tiger ever would have been. Competitive RC player, seems to care about the format, still involved at the top end of the game regularly and is also apparently a local to Bethpage. Was hoping it was going to be Tiger and he would’ve sulked his way through it while picking his mates (Thomas etc)

Yeah I think Woods would've been a disaster. 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Have to agree, Bradley looks a competent choice. Did he not have a bit of a moan when he missed out last time? Can see him shaking things up a bit. 

Would love the power to go to his head and name himself playing captain 😂

Is he not mates with Phil the Thrill ? Would be a box office Vice Captain pick.

Agree it seems a sensible pick on paper and better than what would become a circus with Tiger in charge.

I wonder how popular he is with fellow pros though as he's a bit of an oddball imo.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Have to agree, Bradley looks a competent choice. Did he not have a bit of a moan when he missed out last time? Can see him shaking things up a bit. 

He was on full swing when told he didn’t get picked. He was understandably disappointed but I don’t remember him having a moan about it. IIRC he was filmed watching it with his son and was pretty supportive 

I saw most of the European Ryder Cup team were at Wimbledon today. I know Bob was already at Troon last week for an early look at the course. Doesn't leave much time to practice at The Renaissance ahead of the Scottish Open. 

Posted (edited)

Played the Rouken Glen course last week for the first time. It's under the David Lloyd Fitness banner but I think it used to be a golf club in it's own right as Deaconsbank Golf Club?

Lucked out with the weather once again and reached a personal milestone with my first ever Par! 👌

Course was in good nick and at under £20 for the round and pretty close to my house, I will definitely be back. Great views over Glasgow as you make your way up the Front 9 🏌️

IMG_20240630_192312_919.thumb.jpg.699d50b4b5161a48defbd39b3e321904.jpgIMG_20240630_192313_058.thumb.jpg.057955c2a82cbfcd970fe0954b92095d.jpgIMG_20240630_192313_145.thumb.jpg.8ea8f70767d370b9729151d2f3963532.jpgIMG_20240630_192313_008.thumb.jpg.75f4195424ae6628bd1204a5a4c79f5c.jpgIMG_20240630_192313_223.thumb.jpg.277163bed79cabdef39cfc661b898e3c.jpg

Edited by Tiger Driver

My golf has gone to shit lately. Handicap creeping up and I’m actually struggling to enjoy my time on the course just now. This season has been so poor 

On 09/07/2024 at 10:43, lichtie23 said:

My golf has gone to shit lately. Handicap creeping up and I’m actually struggling to enjoy my time on the course just now. This season has been so poor 

Hang in there it’ll come good. 
One of my mates best sums up golf by saying “ I love my golf and just occasionally she loves me back”. 

I've been lucky enough to have  played golf all over the world but stuff like this is why here at home is the most unique and links golf is the best

https://x.com/DPWorldTour/status/1811317684291682394?t=YUBh6HjYZaCbLCgA0jysRg&s=19

Edited by doulikefish