Golfers Thread

Gaz

I'm going to be off work for a week on the 13th October.

Anybody fancy getting a round of golf organised? Sure there could be a few good deals on the go as the season draws in.

im free on the 13th if you fancy somewhere local ish,im a member of balbernie park if you fancy there

im free on the 13th if you fancy somewhere local ish,im a member of balbernie park if you fancy there

Sounds good mate, really like Balbirnie.

Looks like kirkcaldy and Burntisland are also running good deals via tee off if you fancy playing elsewhere.

Played Trump today. Very nice indeed.

For a random regular Wednesday, some of the flags were in remarkably tricky positions.

Shot 77, +5, which I would am fairly happy with. Was out in one under par, I found the back nine quite tricky, particularly in today's wind.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm watching the Trilby Tour on Sky Sports, an amateur competition played as a professional tournament.

This is fucking great. It's like watching me play :lol:

I'm watching the Trilby Tour on Sky Sports, an amateur competition played as a professional tournament.

This is fucking great. It's like watching me play :lol:

If you are an absolute bellend with an over-inflated sense of self-importance then yes, I agree.

• 3 weeks later...

Great effort. What standard were you 30 years ago?

I got down to about 16 h'cap as a teenager.

Gave up the golf because it clashed with football. Then work and kids came and I never really got back into it until now (semi-retired).

I'm generally hitting the ball well, but percentage of complete "sclaffs" is way too high.

Hoping that the Pro lessons will cut those down.

Moving up to Aberdeen after New Year for work. Can anyone recommend the best club to join, preferably links.

Murcar for a links probably. Royal Aberdeen obviously, but think that's a ridiculous waiting list and/or by invitation only.

Moving up to Aberdeen after New Year for work. Can anyone recommend the best club to join, preferably links.

Murcar for a links probably. Royal Aberdeen obviously, but think that's a ridiculous waiting list and/or by invitation only.

Murcar is a smashing course.

I also really likle Newburgh but it`s probably about 15 miles or so north of the city. Well worth a visit though.

http://www.newburghgolfclub.co.uk/

Murcar is a smashing course.

I also really likle Newburgh but it`s probably about 15 miles or so north of the city. Well worth a visit though.

http://www.newburghgolfclub.co.uk/

I will be working in Ellon so going by google maps Newburgh is quite close. Looked at Murcar aswell and been told good things about Cruden Bay.

Cheers for the info.

• 3 weeks later...

Electric Golf Trolleys

think of getting one of these, anybody got one? I have a normal trolley but played a medal with someone with an electric and the thing looked great. I am pretty lazy so anything that makes my life a wee bit easier I am all for. Anybody got any advice what kind to get. Wont be getting the ones that are over a grand thats for sure. Thinking about £350-£400 is limit

Anyone got any experience of playing on the Golf in Scotland series?

Looks fantastic value.

pick four courses and the finale at Castle Stuart.

Courses include Dalmahoy, the Roxburghe, Fairmont, Forfar, murrayshall and Alyth.

£30 each event + £30 deposit so all in for £150. Castle Stuart alone is £180.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to get back into golf after a 30 year gap.

Restarted with scores around 110 and couldn't work out where I was going wrong.

Had 4 lessons and already I've started to break 90.

So far so good.

Cant seem to get lower than mid-eighties.

Intend to have a few more lessons with the hope of taking another 8 or 9 shots off my totals.