Golfers Thread

Gaz

Not sure if allowed to do this or not on this forum but will go for it anyway. I have a 4 ball for the Carrick at loch lomond for sale. For the month of August a 4 ball costs £299 and September is £399. The 4 ball is valid until 31 March 2015. Looking to sell for £150. Anyone interested let me know . Thanks

I played the Nairn Dunbar 5 day open about 4 years ago. Really like the course, clubhouse setup is first class too.

I remember watching a first round match come up the last from the clubhouse, the guy who was 1 down holed his second shot for an albatross to take it to extra holes, then birdied the 19th to win.

Not sure if allowed to do this or not on this forum but will go for it anyway. I have a 4 ball for the Carrick at loch lomond for sale. For the month of August a 4 ball costs £299 and September is £399. The 4 ball is valid until 31 March 2015. Looking to sell for £150. Anyone interested let me know . Thanks

now sold thanks

Cut to 7.8 after a 74-8=66 (CSS 69) last night. Two double bogeys in the front nine were offset by an eagle 3 from 160 yards at 5 which was pleasing. Glad to be playing better golf again

Good to hear cowshed. Hope you get on a roll. If anyone is up in Perth and Kinross area and fancies a game, I play at blairgowrie and can get guests on for 15 quid (75 quid without a guest ). Just let me know. Two stunning courses if you haven't played them. Able to play most Sundays right thro to October. Maybe be a good idea to create a new special thread of folk willing to take guys from here round your own course as I love playing new course. If enough interest what you guus think ?

Much better golf recently with almost all my rounds this month around the mid 70s. Yesterday I managed my best score, 73-8=65 with a CSS 71. Cut to 6.6, a full shot lower than I've ever been up until now. Quite amazing how one month can turn around a season that had been so poor - shame I've left it so late to start shooting decent scores!

Since my last report I've played in 2 medals.

111(83) in the first one - was goin quite well until I put 3 balls out of bounds from the tee on the 6th, ended up with a 12. :-( that had an affect on my confidence and meant I didn't do that we'll on the next few holes either. Good experience in leaving the bad holes behind though.

Second one was 104 (76). Was 3 under my handicap after 9 holes then took a 10 at the 11th. Overall it felt like a decent round though.

Hoping to get a few more under my belt before the end of the season.

Guest The Phoenix

In the final round of the Open D'Italia, American John Hahn is currently 8 under par through 16 holes.

Not that unusual until you know he took quadruple bogey 7 at the 13th!

In the final round of the Open D'Italia, American John Hahn is currently 8 under par through 16 holes.

Not that unusual until you know he took quadruple bogey 7 at the 13th!

I think that's probably something every amateur golfer can relate to. Many a good round has been destroyed by one complete disaster.

I think that's probably something every amateur golfer can relate to. Many a good round has been destroyed by one complete disaster.

Would hardly say that it's a complete disaster, the quad has just made an absolutely once in a lifetime round into a great round. 3 eagles and -7 through 7 sure it felt like he was playing Tiger woods on the ps4.

Would hardly say that it's a complete disaster, the quad has just made an absolutely once in a lifetime round into a great round. 3 eagles and -7 through 7 sure it felt like he was playing Tiger woods on the ps4.

I concede that point, however I was more looking at it from an amateur point of view. You could be playing a medal through 13 at say 3 over, then boom, a quad has you from getting a good cut, to hitting buffer zone.

• 2 weeks later...

Been struggling since a back injury in July which followed a great run of form.

Started to swing much slower now and playing well again. Struggled recently (big style) with big pulls with my irons. Have put the ball position back towards the middle of my stance and now hitting a controlled draw.

Medal tomorrow. Last real chance of a cut this year.

Been struggling since a back injury in July which followed a great run of form.

Started to swing much slower now and playing well again. Struggled recently (big style) with big pulls with my irons. Have put the ball position back towards the middle of my stance and now hitting a controlled draw.

Medal tomorrow. Last real chance of a cut this year.

Just got back playing myself after 3 months out with an arm injury had a good round at Peterhead on Friday and even getter on at my home course Fraserburgh today, pity it's nearly the end of the summer season.

Intending playing a lot in the Winter League

I posted this in General Nonsense.

On one of the talk radio stations this morning there was a discussion about the R&A vote on admitting women.

Things were going well until a chinless arsehole comes on bemoaning that men need somewhere to go to get away from women, he then enlightened the audience with this gem, 'after all, women can go to the hairdressers or a convent if they require to be with their like'

:lol:

I'm going to be off work for a week on the 13th October.

Anybody fancy getting a round of golf organised? Sure there could be a few good deals on the go as the season draws in.

I've been looking at the Bunkered magazine 2 for 1 deals, some good deals on some good courses. Trying to arrange a round at Crow Wood with a pal of mine, hopefully squeeze a couple of different courses in too whilst the prices are low.

I've been looking at the Bunkered magazine 2 for 1 deals, some good deals on some good courses. Trying to arrange a round at Crow Wood with a pal of mine, hopefully squeeze a couple of different courses in too whilst the prices are low.

teeofftimes.co.uk is usually alright,theres a few websites that you can deals from just hit google