Golfers Thread

Gaz

Not really into Caddies getting this involved. Hold the flag and get the f**k out of the way!  Think he may have been a bit frustrated at the treatment his guy was getting from the crowd but don't get involved like this!

Edited by Angus_Don

32 minutes ago, Angus_Don said:

Don't know if it matters but interesting

That’s probably how I’d have listed how the team have performed to date. The one exception was Fitzpatrick who looked a bit high on the list but then his front 9 on Friday was sensational. If you gave him a par 3 on the one hole he didn’t complete -  Rory birdied it so presume that’s why he isn’t down as completing it - he scored 29 winning 5 holes on the bounce.

35 minutes ago, Angus_Don said:

Not really into Caddies getting this involved. Hold the flag and get the f**k out of the way!  Think he may have been a bit frustrated at the treatment his guy was getting from the crowd but don't get involved like this!

I think it's a requirement for someone who has caddied for Tiger to be an absolute knob. 

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

1 hour ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Fooling naebdy there sunshine

So we are supposed to believe that a match which must have a clothing budget that runs into 6 figures only has 1 size of hat? I remember the European team having Parnevik's specially made. 

The only two tourneys Cantlay hasn't worn a hat that I remember are the last two Ryder Cups, by coincidence the only time he doesn’t get paid to wear one.

3 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

So we are supposed to believe that a match which must have a clothing budget that runs into 6 figures only has 1 size of hat? I remember the European team having Parnevik's specially made. 

The only two tourneys Cantlay hasn't worn a hat that I remember are the last two Ryder Cups, by coincidence the only time he doesn’t get paid to wear one.

They all get tailored suits made and golf gear that fits perfectly. Does anyone really think they don't get the hat size as well?

19 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Exactly, tbf I read that more as him saying metaphorically ' the hat doesn't fit ' meaning it doesn't sit right with him wearing it if he's not paid to.  Tho I know nothing of him so might be giving him a lot more credit for that than he's due , maybe he does just have a weird shaped head and hasn't worked out how to use the wee tag at the back? 🤷

12 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:

Exactly, tbf I read that more as him saying metaphorically ' the hat doesn't fit ' meaning it doesn't sit right with him wearing it if he's not paid to. 

That’s how I saw it, it was ‘I’m not directly lying, but I’m definitely trying to make you think that what I’m saying is better than it is’

1 hour ago, Angus_Don said:

Who does this bellend think he is?? You’re a fuckin caddy mate - get out the the way of you opponent 

2 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Ah that would make more sense! Glad I haven’t just made that up in my head :lol:

I can’t believe that and Celtic Manor being 13 years ago, I remember sneakily trying to watch it in computing at school as I’m sure that was a Monday finish. Times moving too quickly 

I remember Celtic Manor well as I was on holiday in Greece, and the only reason I got to see the final day singles was because it was postponed to the Monday, all the bars were showing football on the Sunday.

Edited by peasy23

11 minutes ago, Ziggy Sobotka said:

In some rare non Ryder Cup news, I see South Korea won the Asian Games which means Sunjae doesn't have to do military service.

20231001_084047.thumb.jpg.84fcbfbe63990b9e449cff0e4cf812db.jpg

Team mate Si Woo Kim also gains an exemption, they were running out of chances, if they hadn't won gold here their next chance was at the Olympics next year.

Sangmoon Bae's career has never really recovered from having to do his 21 minth stint in the army.