Golfers Thread

Gaz

Is the party bus still doing laps of Rome ? 

For those into the difference nowadays of golf.,the short par 4 11th on Saturday afternoon is a great example.Yanks we're laying up to the evil pin position behind the 2 bunkers leaving themselves wedges when the Euros were banging drivers at the green and finding themselves in the horrible stuff.Yanks won that hole 3 out of the 4 groups I think from memory but I remember me shouting at the TV Ffs one of you lay up everytime they showed the Euros teeing off there 

I thought that was a good example of how the big hitting Yanks was a thing off the past and even 2 Ryder cups ago it would have been the opposite way around and for the Yanks it's a wedge game now

But who cares I have fired off 20 replies to emails received the morning after whistling straits to my colleagues in Houston with the bus party videos attached wishing them a happy Monday 😎

44 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

I know some of the European team are due in St. Andrews this week, not sure if Lowry is one of them.

MacIntyre, Fleetwood and Fitzpatrick playing in the Dunhill. 

Edit to add Bjorn and Colsaerts from the vice captains also playing.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

2 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Is the party bus still doing laps of Rome ? 

For those into the difference nowadays of golf.,the short par 4 11th on Saturday afternoon is a great example.Yanks we're laying up to the evil pin position behind the 2 bunkers leaving themselves wedges when the Euros were banging drivers at the green and finding themselves in the horrible stuff.Yanks won that hole 3 out of the 4 groups I think from memory but I remember me shouting at the TV Ffs one of you lay up everytime they showed the Euros teeing off there 

I thought that was a good example of how the big hitting Yanks was a thing off the past and even 2 Ryder cups ago it would have been the opposite way around and for the Yanks it's a wedge game now

But who cares I have fired off 20 replies to emails received the morning after whistling straits to my colleagues in Houston with the bus party videos attached wishing them a happy Monday 😎

Europe won the 11th friday both sessions and sat morning, so with either they changed up sat afternoon or they were successful hitting to the green first 3 sessions

They also won on the 11th more on sunday

3 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Europe won the 11th friday both sessions and sat morning, so with either they changed up sat afternoon or they were successful hitting to the green first 3 sessions

They also won on the 11th more on sunday

Yeah good shout I was going for the difference when it became a "wedge" game hole due to the pin position on sat afternoon.Thats what will happen to the set up at Farmingdale unless of course the boomer factor switches back to the us team 

29 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Anybody up for a P&B trip to Adare Manor in 2027?!

No idea how they are going to pull this off from a spectator/ travelling fan view point 

I've played there and couldn't get a room in limerick so because I started off at the old head links ended up staying in Cork city an extra night and driving up ,took about 2 hrs but the roads were worse than the Ayr to troon part of that journey 

Reading that they are building a ring road around the actual village of ardare but accommodation wise I'm not seeing anything 

The feeding frenzy has begun on the Yanks.Its now being said that Schauffle was refusing to play a few weeks ago over the Netflix deal and the No laying Up podcast are saying on there they heard the exact same things that Jamie weir said about Cantlay

Anyways I hope Patrick has a wonderful wedding today in Rome where it's only Schauffle from team USA invited 😂

14 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

The feeding frenzy has begun on the Yanks.Its now being said that Schauffle was refusing to play a few weeks ago over the Netflix deal and the No laying Up podcast are saying on there they heard the exact same things that Jamie weir said about Cantlay

Anyways I hope Patrick has a wonderful wedding today in Rome where it's only Schauffle from team USA invited 😂

Cantlay has anti social weirdo written all over his entire demeanour. The whole yank "no we were definitely, DEFINITELY all together and working as a team" fooling no one. 

Edited by Bairnardo

15 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Cantlay has anti social weirdo written all over his entire demeanour. The whole yank "no we were definitely, DEFINITELY all together and working as a team" fooling no one. 

It's bizarre this not getting paid stuff they get 200k into there pension pots for playing and all the pga tour players signed the Netflix deal that included a film crew following the Ryder cup 

1 hour ago, doulikefish said:

I thought I read that Netflix weren't getting access to the Ryder Cup team? Is that what Schaufelle was moaning about?

Just now, Ro Sham Bo said:

I thought I read that Netflix weren't getting access to the Ryder Cup team? Is that what Schaufelle was moaning about?

Yes that's his moan seemingly his old man is spilling all this stuff to any reporter that puts a question to him and that's the source aswell for the Cantlay stuff.Dylan Dethier and Kevin van Valkenburg ( both golf journos for years in the states )have been releasing it all 

I'd love to know just what sort of figure Cantlay wants paid for this. The guys made about $60M in his career and could've taken a very large payout to join LIV but didn't go. It would be insightful to know what figure would make him wear a Team USA hat.

2 hours ago, doulikefish said:

It's bizarre this not getting paid stuff they get 200k into there pension pots for playing and all the pga tour players signed the Netflix deal that included a film crew following the Ryder cup 

Thought the 200k was going to charity 

Not defending the players, the money they make elsewhere it SHOULD be going to charity