3. Victor Perez

4. Thorbjorn Olesen

5. Alex Bjork

6. Sami Valimaki

7. Robert MacIntyre

8. Matthieu Pavon

9. Jorge Campillo

10. Ryo Hisatsune

Pavon finished with 4 straight birdies to climb into 5th and make the 10 cards.

Some consolation for Meronk after missing out on the Ryder Cup as he also gets invited to The Players.

14 hours ago, Caledonian1 said:

Glad they came to their senses and agreed that it is a shit concept.  Thought the excuse to postpone a year was fittingly bad. Can't see it being resurrected in 2025

I actually don’t hate the concept. I’ve no idea how it will be when it comes to actually sitting down and watching it but I was all for something golf related to watch on days/nights when there is nae golf on. I hope they can get it up and running.

It is what it is really, they aren’t trying to replace competitive Thursday-Sunday golf and it wont come close to matching that, but as a fun gap filler between events it sounds enjoyable.

3 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I actually don’t hate the concept. I’ve no idea how it will be when it comes to actually sitting down and watching it but I was all for something golf related to watch on days/nights when there is nae golf on. I hope they can get it up and running.

It is what it is really, they aren’t trying to replace competitive Thursday-Sunday golf and it wont come close to matching that, but as a fun gap filler between events it sounds enjoyable.

I think they could have included some of the top female players, but I would have watched it at least initially out of interest.

28 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

And the reason for Rahm pulling out of TGL becomes apparent, he’s in advanced talks to join LIV.

Of all the defections, this one will sting if it happens. Will be such a shame to say Jon Rahm can f**k himself. But f**k himself he must if he goes. 

12 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

And the reason for Rahm pulling out of TGL becomes apparent, he’s in advanced talks to join LIV.

11 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Of all the defections, this one will sting if it happens. Will be such a shame to say Jon Rahm can f**k himself. But f**k himself he must if he goes. 

The origin of this story seems to come from Phil Mickelson telling folk he's signed. Rahm has always said he wants to play the best players in the world so I'd be surprised if he joined LIV right now when they've not really imrpoved their field. 

What is the deal with the merger, is it completely dead?