Golfers Thread

Gaz

4 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

There can't be too many times that's happened. I wonder if the 18th was his final hole or his 9th.

He teed off at the 10th in round 2, which means it's been downgraded to merely a horrible choke from one of the worst of all time.

6 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Bobs just teed off alongside Ryan Fox both shots so far on live on the early coverage.Laird in the 3rd last group off at 1810 our time 

And 3 putts the first 😟

3 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Syme had his worst round of the week with a +3 75 to finish 4 behind. Jordan Gumberg beat Robin Williams in a playoff.

Yes a really disappointing round. Tied 4th but a great chance to get a first DP tour win lost.

4 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Bobs just teed off alongside Ryan Fox both shots so far on live on the early coverage. Laird in the 3rd last group off at 1810 our time 

Play suspended. Course looks absolutely saturated.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

24 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Play suspended. Course looks absolutely saturated.

Aye and Bob had a -1 round to finish on -3 for the week,don't think that will be enough to get him in Arnie's tournament he is outside the Aon next 5 

2 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Aye and Bob had a -1 round to finish on -3 for the week, don't think that will be enough to get him in Arnie's tournament he is outside the Aon next 5 

There's a another PGA event next week, Puerto Rico Open, for those who don't make Arnie's event. Bob is also in the field for that as are Russell Knox and Martin Laird.

ps://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/2024/puerto-rico-open/R2024483

40 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Aye and Bob had a -1 round to finish on -3 for the week,don't think that will be enough to get him in Arnie's tournament he is outside the Aon next 5 

Wee bit disappointing after last week but consistently making cuts has to be the first aim. Putter didn't seem to be going as well this week, but as Valimaki said it's a learning process with the different grass types etc.

Went up to the Pro for a fitting for some new irons.  I've currently got a set of Taylor Made Rocket Bladez that i've had for about 12 years.  I've never thought that they were particularly holding me back (there's far more in my game than my clubs at fault for that), but the difference on the trackman between my existing 7  iron and the irons that i tried (TM Q10'S, Ping G425 & G430) was incredible. 

I hit a few warm up shots with my own 7 iron and was hitting it just under 160 which I would say would be about right for me. All of the newer irons I was up in the high 180's.  Even poor connections were travelling over 170.  The increase in forgiveness is instantly noticeable as well.   

eta:  I played with a set of G425's last year on holiday and really liked them, and coincidentally they were the ones I was most comfortable with today

Edited by KnightswoodBear

First episode of Full Swing watched. A few observations 

1- Iv already seen enough of Koepkas wife

2- Koepka still has the personality of a door knob

3- Dan Rappaport seems like a good guy

4- Netflix really do get some excellent access

5- JT is a good guy 

Another solid start (-4) for Connor Syme today. He does appear to be in very decent form at the moment, without converting into wins.

Interestingly, his was the worst round of his 3-ball, who were a combined -17 (-8, -5, -4).

19 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Went up to the Pro for a fitting for some new irons.  I've currently got a set of Taylor Made Rocket Bladez that i've had for about 12 years.  I've never thought that they were particularly holding me back (there's far more in my game than my clubs at fault for that), but the difference on the trackman between my existing 7  iron and the irons that i tried (TM Q10'S, Ping G425 & G430) was incredible. 

I hit a few warm up shots with my own 7 iron and was hitting it just under 160 which I would say would be about right for me. All of the newer irons I was up in the high 180's.  Even poor connections were travelling over 170.  The increase in forgiveness is instantly noticeable as well.   

eta:  I played with a set of G425's last year on holiday and really liked them, and coincidentally they were the ones I was most comfortable with today

Now all you have to do is work out what your new 160-yard club is... 😉