Golfers Thread

Gaz

43 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

1 hr 40 minutes for 5 holes..... 

I watched a 4 hour 15 minute round yesterday, would’ve been less but there was a bit of needless slow play infront at 11. Thursday and Friday was 6 hours, seen a 40 minute par 5. There’s no excuse for it taking this long today with it only being groups of 2. 

43 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

1 hr 40 minutes for 5 holes..... 

I watched a 4 hour 15 minute round yesterday, would’ve been less but there was a bit of needless slow play infront at 11. Thursday and Friday was 6 hours, seen a 40 minute par 5. There’s no excuse for it taking this long today with it only being groups of 2. 

1 hour ago, Groundhopping Adventures said:

I love Kilsyth Lennox. Says after sic holes "it should have taken you..." etc. Some of the pros would be mortified

Similar at Bishopbriggs, sign coming off the 9th saying you should be 1hr 50mins max at that point.

Anyone on here an expert on golf rules?

At my local club it was the 4th round of our club championship today. Weather horrendous but everyone started. 

Course become unplayable (greens flooded) so the day was abandoned/cancelled. Final round now being played next Saturday.

My question is: should everyone start their final round again from the 1st tee? Or should everyone start again from where they finished today? 🤷‍♂️

Edited by bubbs3333

22 minutes ago, bubbs3333 said:

At my local club it was the 4th round of our club championship today. Weather horrendous but everyone started. 

Course become unplayable (greens flooded) so the day was abandoned/cancelled. Final round now being played next Saturday.

My question is: should everyone start their final round again from the 1st tee? Or should everyone start again from where they finished today? 🤷‍♂️

Imo the round is scrubbed and everyone starts again. If not, they would have to be able to ensure that all the pin positions are the same as today's. 

Edited by peasy23

Just now, Groundhopping Adventures said:

9 Europeans next week is tremendous. Not sure I'm into the starting score thing but suppose it's better than Scheffler having it wrapped up already 

It's not perfect, but they've tinkered with it since the year Vijay won it and had f**ked off home with most of the players still on the course.

39 minutes ago, RH33 said:

@Inanimate Carbon Rod I'd suggest a round at Clober and join there. It's not pretentious and greens are immaculate.

I like Clober, im just wary cos its over the bridge a bit and one of my issues with current place is getting back for school pick up etc, whereas Kilmacolm/Erskine/Gleddoch are just a wee drive away and i can take my son to play a few holes after school some times. 

17 hours ago, bubbs3333 said:

That's not in the Rules of Golf as such - these decisions are delegated to the local Match Committee or equivalent. I imagine your club will have some sort of protocol with multi-round events detailing what happens due to weather cancellations, eg identified alternative dates, failing which competition/qualification based on 3/2/1/rounds, failing which etc, etc. (It's obviously easier with single-round competitions where there's the opportunity to reschedule later in the season.)

There's no other reasonable solution if play is abandoned for the day. In addition to Peasy's point re pin positions, what about those who were mid-way through a hole when the klaxon (or equivalent) went off abandoning play? Would all those players have marked where their ball was at that point, and be able to return to that exact spot in a week's time to complete their round with their markers still in situ? That's extremely unlikely.