Golfers Thread

Gaz

Played dundonald links yesterday in Gail force winds tough conditions but outstanding course best iv played to date and if your ball went in to the rough it was lost, greens were so quick I struggled with 6ft putts going 8ft past the hole, great course and enjoyed it immensity

11 hours ago, expatowner said:

IMG_1536900719.894421.jpg
Today’s achievement was getting a hole-in-one at Chamberlain Golf Course.emoji2.png
156m with a 6 iron.

Great stuff. It`s awesome to get a hole-in-one. I`ve been lucky enough to have had two. First one on 7th at Aberdour and second one on 13th at Scotscraig. Both times off medal tees and both with the same 6 iron.

Well done :thumsup2

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Played Helensburgh golf course the other month. Would recommend it . The only down side is it's tough for older people very hilly. Also played a wee gem of a nine hole course called Carrbridge just up past Aviemore. It's a wee cracker and reasonably priced. Would strongly recommend it.

2 hours ago, Accies88 said:

Played Helensburgh golf course the other month. Would recommend it . The only down side is it's tough for older people very hilly. Also played a wee gem of a nine hole course called Carrbridge just up past Aviemore. It's a wee cracker and reasonably priced. Would strongly recommend it.

It is indeed a fine wee course.

Played the East Course at Dalmahoy today in the pishing rain. 

My game was apocalypticaly bad.  I almost walked off at one point. 

I don't know if it was just my mood and the weather, the course was nice enough, but a bit dull?  

Edited by KnightswoodBear

Played the East Course at Dalmahoy today in the pishing rain. 
My game was apocalypticaly bad.  I almost walked off at one point. 
I don't know if it was just my mood and the weather, the course was nice enough, but a bit dull?  

Played both in July, I expected a lot more if I'm honest but still enjoyed it, courses were bare and patchy, greens were OK but needed some work, I hate playing in the too rain just kills the full mood

32 minutes ago, cas79 said:

Played both in July, I expected a lot more if I'm honest but still enjoyed it, courses were bare and patchy, greens were OK but needed some work, I hate playing in the too rain just kills the full mood

Couple of the greens today weren't in great condition, either. 

Liam Johnston won the Challenge Tour event in Kazakhstan today and at 4th in the Tour standings he has now pretty much wrapped up his tour card for next season. David Law and Grant Forrest are still hanging on to places in the top 15 with only a few events left.
Calum Hill has an outside chance of making it but will need to do well in the final 4 tourneys. The last 2 in China have two of the biggest prize pots of the season, so plenty of points still to play for.