Golfers Thread

Gaz

Yea I see where your coming from mate. I think we can both agree though that there are far to many ad breaks. Gives the coverage no flow 

Very fair point. It can be frustrating but overall I think the coverage is great. There are certainly too many ad breaks but of course that’s what pays the bills. I thought Coltart and Dougherty were fantastic tonight. They know the game and how hard it is to succeed in it.

4 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Very fair point. It can be frustrating but overall I think the coverage is great. There are certainly too many ad breaks but of course that’s what pays the bills. I thought Coltart and Dougherty were fantastic tonight. They know the game and how hard it is to succeed in it.

Dougherty is absolutely first class on the mic. Still miss Butch 

Tough question, he's been runner up in majors more than anyone except Nicklaus, but only once to Tiger (2002 US Open at Bethpage).
He's bottled at least 2 US Opens for me.
Bottled it at Winged Foot along with Monty.

When you think about the fact that Luke Donald and Lee Westwood have both been ranked world number 1, it's astounding that Mickelson hasn't even been there for 1 week.

25 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Bottled it at Winged Foot along with Monty.

Aye, a par 4 to win, 5 for a play off, and ends up with a 6.

Blew it in 2009 at Bethpage too. Walked off 13 tied for the lead, then missed a short birdie putt on 14, 3 putted 15 for bogey, missed another makeable birdie on 16, then bogied 17 to finish 2 behind.

Blew it in 2009 at Bethpage too. Walked off 13 tied for the lead, then missed a short birdie putt on 14, 3 putted 15 for bogey, missed another makeable birdie on 16, then bogied 17 to finish 2 behind.
His drive on 18 at Winged Foot almost cleared the hospitality tent on the left hand side iirc. Still think Monty's 7 iron was the worst shot of his life though.

3 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
28 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

His drive on 18 at Winged Foot almost cleared the hospitality tent on the left hand side iirc. Still think Monty's 7 iron was the worst shot of his life though.

Just pure and utter madness not to hit it back into play and try and make 5 from the middle of the fairway. 

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:
On 22/05/2021 at 19:59, peasy23 said:
Top 8 for me with Bet 365.

Finau managed to end up tied for 8th. Unfortunately so many others were tied 8th too that all I got was the stake money back.

Had him top 20 finish @ 6/4

13 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Brilliant stuff. Great drama and a fine champion. Anyone who was disparaging of the quality (you know who you are) really doesn’t understand top level sport.

Nah mate its really that I do that allows me to be critical when a bunch of fanboys are only able to post OMG this is AMAZING when the leaders are one over after three.

The leaderboard wasn't very strong, the course I don't like too much, and the drama of it was virtually non-existent as a guy who was six over for his last 1.5 rounds limped over the line.

The amazing bit was the achievement, to do that at his age is amazing. The actual tournament itself was fairly meh. Too many people just can't contribute anything more than a starry eyed 12 year old watching his first ever major trying to show the adults he gets it, that's all. 

7 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Dunno if golf is really the sport for you m8.

Played it since I was 6 and worked in the golf industry for about 20 years. 

People who think that was an amazing tournament probably think every tournament was amazing as they're really like wide eyed kids taken in by the hype and marketing. 

23 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Played it since I was 6 and worked in the golf industry for about 20 years. 

People who think that was an amazing tournament probably think every tournament was amazing as they're really like wide eyed kids taken in by the hype and marketing. 

How old are you, if you don't mind me asking?