Golfers Thread

Gaz

41 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

@Henderson to deliver ..... I’m not even going to quote it, but that comment about shagger Phil’s calves was disgusting and I would like it to be taken down. The man works harder on his calves than anyone else on tour, they’re a crucial part of the C squared formula to success ffs.

No, I will never not call out golfing legends for their inferior lower legs.

Look at these LPGA legs.

1259860365_tiger-calves-290.jpg.04dd10bd76a99d232c3c7549b9fc999f.jpg

1 hour ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Dy_F76.gif.0b7d72678ca8a00174e64be20394a326.gif

Victim of my own success now.

You guys will be expecting live in play updates on a Sunday night soon.

‘mon son, eh? You’re normally very prompt for a Tuesday update around lunchtime. This week a wee bit slack but, after this wee prod, I’m sure you’ll be back to your best in no time. 

16 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

‘mon son, eh? You’re normally very prompt for a Tuesday update around lunchtime. This week a wee bit slack but, after this wee prod, I’m sure you’ll be back to your best in no time. 

Furlough has unfortunately ended for me. No more the Tuesday morning lie in, leisurely allocating the points and drafting an update of wit and wisdom alongside a tasty brunch.

Depends on how much you’re willing to spend, but there are loads of top quality courses. Dundonald, Barassie, Troon, Prestwick, Irvine are all great, but if you’re wanting something a bit cheaper then Lochgreen or Belleisle are both good options.

Cheers for all the reply’s gents, managed to get Irvine. Thought it was superb!

8 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

:lol: What a prat.

Especially coming from the bam who had an absolute breakdown as the line on the greens book (which should be banned) was different from what he could see, took 2.5 minutes stressing out over an 8 foot putt then missed it by about a cup and a half. 

11 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Big team found

My home course have been in the process of installing ‘Black’ tees on the majority of the holes, most only set back 10-20 yards from the White but a couple of them add on a good 40 or 50 yards, and turns one from a long par 4 into a reasonable par 5. Playing off them tomorrow in a stableford competition so will see how I get on, my lowest score from the Whites has been 93 so I will do well to better that. 

Is this a common feature at other courses, having a set of tees further back than the Medal tees? I don’t think it’s something I’ve noticed before but I’ve not played that many courses either. There is only one par 5 from the White tees at my course, and none from the Yellows, so it looks like they have done this to fit another par 5 in. It seems they are still going to be using the Whites for Medals/comps so I don’t see how much purpose they serve. 

My home course have been in the process of installing ‘Black’ tees on the majority of the holes, most only set back 10-20 yards from the White but a couple of them add on a good 40 or 50 yards, and turns one from a long par 4 into a reasonable par 5. Playing off them tomorrow in a stableford competition so will see how I get on, my lowest score from the Whites has been 93 so I will do well to better that. 

Is this a common feature at other courses, having a set of tees further back than the Medal tees? I don’t think it’s something I’ve noticed before but I’ve not played that many courses either. There is only one par 5 from the White tees at my course, and none from the Yellows, so it looks like they have done this to fit another par 5 in. It seems they are still going to be using the Whites for Medals/comps so I don’t see how much purpose they serve. 
We've got 5 'Blue' tees at our course. While they make all 5 holes longer the par of each is unchanged. All five are par 4s. Holes are lengthened by between 20 and 50 yards I would say. They might want to lengthen some other holes but there isn't the space to do so.
Edited by Distant Doonhamer

I was in for surgery to release a trapped nerve in my forearm on 7th May, tonight was the first I've hit a ball since then. My handicap index is 21 at the moment, and the last round I played was a nett 75. Tonight I bogeyed the first, but then hit 7 straight pars before I had a 7 on the 9th to be 40 (4 over) at the turn. God knows where that came from.